delay in scores after aug 10?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nightowl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard that after august 10th it's a six week delay as opposed to a three week delay. does anyone think this is a big deal at all?

can anyone confirm this?

Members don't see this ad.

It's probably not a big deal but I dont want to wait until oct 7th to get my score if I take it early August. In the long run it may not matter. Tricky part is, they were very vague on why they were dropping 2 questions per block. So maybe the questions will be even longer?? Who knows.

The NBME announcement reads:

[Posted July 16, 2009]

The target date for reporting Step 2 CK
scores for most examinees testing from August 10 through late September
will be Wednesday, October 7, 2009.

this is complete bull

for those of us without stellar step 1 scores who were planning to take step 2early for residency programs to see a (hopefully) improved score, this screws us

please tell me i'm wrong and that this isnt that big of a deal

I agree that it was a bad time for NBME to do this. Maybe they have their reasons, but it seems like Feb-March when people who are taking step 2 don't really care about their scores coming back would be a better time to delay scores than in August, when people are hoping to have scores back for residency apps. It might not be that bad though, I heard a lot of residency programs don't look at apps until Oct/Nov, so your scores might be ready before they look at your app.