nightowl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
South
Status
  1. Medical Student
I've heard that after august 10th it's a six week delay as opposed to a three week delay. does anyone think this is a big deal at all?

can anyone confirm this?

wjm

Jul 28, 2009
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
It's probably not a big deal but I dont want to wait until oct 7th to get my score if I take it early August. In the long run it may not matter. Tricky part is, they were very vague on why they were dropping 2 questions per block. So maybe the questions will be even longer?? Who knows.

SF_Hopeful_MD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
San Francisco
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
The NBME announcement reads:

[Posted July 16, 2009]

The target date for reporting Step 2 CK
scores for most examinees testing from August 10 through late September
will be Wednesday, October 7, 2009.

About the Ads

kkc620

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2006
Status
  1. Medical Student
this is complete bull

for those of us without stellar step 1 scores who were planning to take step 2early for residency programs to see a (hopefully) improved score, this screws us

please tell me i'm wrong and that this isnt that big of a deal

tfom08

10+ Year Member
May 2, 2008
Status
I agree that it was a bad time for NBME to do this. Maybe they have their reasons, but it seems like Feb-March when people who are taking step 2 don't really care about their scores coming back would be a better time to delay scores than in August, when people are hoping to have scores back for residency apps. It might not be that bad though, I heard a lot of residency programs don't look at apps until Oct/Nov, so your scores might be ready before they look at your app.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads