DELAYED DAT ADVICE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tovbhk

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been studying for the DAT exam and when I check the prometric sites nearby for available dates, I can only find seats beginning in early September, October :eek:. I am getting very nervous that I won't have the DAT scores ready upon application submission and do not know if that will put me at a disadvantage! Does anyone have an idea of how this may affect my application?
Would truly appreciate the advice,
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I have been studying for the DAT exam and when I check the prometric sites nearby for available dates, I can only find seats beginning in early September, October :eek:. I am getting very nervous that I won't have the DAT scores ready upon application submission and do not know if that will put me at a disadvantage! Does anyone have an idea of how this may affect my application?
Would truly appreciate the advice,
Thanks.

I went to the ADEA goDent event online and this was literally the ONLY question people kept asking lol. The answer the ADEA/schools were giving was: Apply June 16th and indicate when you are planning to take DAT.

As an applicant not taking DAT until August, I disagree with this. But that is what they said... start emailing your schools/ ADEA for questions like such, you’d get an actual/ better answer than on here.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

As an applicant not taking DAT until August, I disagree with this.

Why do you disagree with this?

I'm taking my DAT late July, and I'm kinda freaking out about being late. I'll probably submit everything else as soon as the application cycle opens, I hope they give us leeway here.

Did they mention at all when they would begin giving out interviews? Are they delaying those too since the application was delayed?

In the past, I know schools have looked over applications when they come in. Those that still needs things, (DAT scores, LOR or whatever), but look like possible candidates are put aside and put on hold while others that they don't like are rejected. Once the information is given to them they look over it as a completed application and either interview or reject. Not all schools do it this way but several do. I would send it in ASAP instead of waiting.

Reactions: 1 user