Quantcast

Delayed Letter of Rec

DATBooster | The Ultimate DAT Resource
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaeWat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I am a reapplicant and I am still waiting on my letter of recommendation writer to update my letter of rec from last year... She has not been responding to my calls and so I am wondering whether I should just send in last year's letter, because I have all my other materials ready. Is this hurting my chances, by waiting for an updated letter?

JLT223

DMD
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
You're really going to want new letters. Everything should be updated.

endlesswait

Reaction score
Hello I am a reapplicant and I am still waiting on my letter of recommendation writer to update my letter of rec from last year... She has not been responding to my calls and so I am wondering whether I should just send in last year's letter, because I have all my other materials ready. Is this hurting my chances, by waiting for an updated letter?
I am a reapplicant too, and among 4 letters I have only 3 have been updated from last year. I think unless you are using all the same letters from previous letter, you should be fine.

endlesswait

Reaction score
And the letter being re-used should be 1 year old at most with solid content I think.

SaeWat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
And the letter being re-used should be 1 year old at most with solid content I think.
Ahh okay thank you! I will submit my letter from last year, before I wait too long for her to even reply... It just bothers me cause I gave her a good window of time yet she has not responded when all she needs to do is like add a paragraph and change the dates.
Thank you! Good luck to you! :)

Bear_Down

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ahh okay thank you! I will submit my letter from last year, before I wait too long for her to even reply... It just bothers me cause I gave her a good window of time yet she has not responded when all she needs to do is like add a paragraph and change the dates.
Thank you! Good luck to you! :)
How do you resend letters from last year? Did you have it saved on interfolio or something?

SaeWat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You're really going to want new letters. Everything should be updated.
All the other 3 are updated, but this one is not, plus it is an optional one from the TMDSAS application service. Should I still wa
How do you resend letters from last year? Did you have it saved on interfolio or something?
Yeah Interfolio.

JLT223

DMD
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
All the other 3 are updated, but this one is not, plus it is an optional one from the TMDSAS application service. Should I still wa

Yeah Interfolio.
It's probably fine then.

Reactions: 1 users