jvesco22

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2009
Status
Bro that's not even funny

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

inb4delete

rHinO1

Grindin' Until I'm Tired
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2009
California
Status
Pre-Medical
Eh, apparently i don't browse these forums enough to know people are ******ed enough to inflict self harm on themselves or whatever. My comment was not intended as that, and i dont want people to see that thread under my name if they were to do a search for threads i made so please delete that thread and this one.

kthxbi
how about next time, if you don't want people to see it, you just don't say it. :shrug:

OP
UpperEastSide

UpperEastSide

Removed
Nov 20, 2010
Status
Bro that's not even funny

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

inb4delete
excuse me?

Evidence Based

7+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Eh, apparently i don't browse these forums enough to know people are ******ed enough to inflict self harm on themselves or whatever.
That would be what jvesco was upset about. Because you would have to be "******ed" to inflict harm on yourself right?

Stay classy OP.

Morzh

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
:wtf:

does anybody want explain to me what the hell this thread is about?

OP
UpperEastSide

UpperEastSide

Removed
Nov 20, 2010
Status
It would be awesome if both of these threads could be deleted as they are the only two threads i've made.... Just what i want to be remembered for...

FIREitUP

10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2007
TBL
Status
Resident [Any Field]

does anybody want explain to me what the hell this thread is about?
OP's other thread was closed because he stated he wanted to swallow a bottle of barbiturates, and now he is angry at the mods because his free speech has been infringed upon.

OP
UpperEastSide

UpperEastSide

Removed
Nov 20, 2010
Status
OP's other thread was closed because he stated he wanted to swallow a bottle of barbiturates, and now he is angry at the mods because his free speech has been infringed upon.
Not quite, Milkmans final comment implied i'm a lunatic. And jvesco is looking to start drama out of air... All i want are these threads deleted.

TriagePreMed

Membership Revoked
Removed
Apr 28, 2010
Status
Seems pre-allo is overrun by perfectionism. The OP made a joke, albeit a bad one, but a joke. He then cleared it up here just in case. Let him get his delete, and as a suggestion, instead of closing a thread next time like this, ask the OP. Do the moderators really believe that closing the thread would help the OP in any way if they were to sincerely be suicidal?

imer

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]

Last edited:

gettheleadout

MS-4
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Not quite, Milkmans final comment implied i'm a lunatic. And jvesco is looking to start drama out of air... All i want are these threads deleted.
Demands, demands, demands... MilkmanAl's response wasn't formulated to make you look like a lunatic, its the standard response the mods have under SDN regulations when they close a thread for suicidal themes, the moderator Myuu recently posted the same thing when she closed a similar thread. Also, jvesco's post is a meme. ;)

gettheleadout

MS-4
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Seems pre-allo is overrun by perfectionism. The OP made a joke, albeit a bad one, but a joke. He then cleared it up here just in case. Let him get his delete, and as a suggestion, instead of closing a thread next time like this, ask the OP. Do the moderators really believe that closing the thread would help the OP in any way if they were to sincerely be suicidal?
OP in this thread is the OP in the thread he's referring to, and only donors/mods can close threads (in the case of donors they can delete their own threads, as would be done in this case.)

Edit: Also, even if a poster is sincere in vocalizing suicidal intentions, to avoid liability issues with seemingly providing counseling/medical advice, SDN cannot allow the forums to be used as a means to help such a person deal with it.

OP
UpperEastSide

UpperEastSide

Removed
Nov 20, 2010
Status
OP in this thread is the OP in the thread he's referring to, and only donors/mods can close threads (in the case of donors they can delete their own threads, as would be done in this case.)

Edit: Also, even if a poster is sincere in vocalizing suicidal intentions, to avoid liability issues with seemingly providing counseling/medical advice, SDN cannot allow the forums to be used as a means to help such a person deal with it.
So basically i am being bribed. There's no liability issues in deleting threads. But go ahead and read me your rules and regulations :sleep:

Morzh

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
1 - OP, if you donate, you get to delete your own threads (I believe)... :)

2 - ******ed has multiple definitions and I think it's stupid when people get their panties all bunched up when others use the word in the sense of socially inept or as having your logic/intelligence impeded by poor judgement (both valid definitions). It would be one thing if OP said "I can't believe people are mentally ******ed enough to..." because in that case he is referencing a specific type of individual and implying their inferiority. But he just used the general term "******ed". Sorry, but people who actually do have significant cognitive ******ations don't have a monopoly on that adjective. Furthermore, why isn't there similar feigned outrage when people say things like "He is completely blind to the facts" or "Are you deaf?! Weren't you listening"?

3 - What's up with looking at people with mental ******ation or other disabilities as poor, unfortunate souls anyway? I think that is terribly presumptuous on our parts to assume that our experience of the world is superior in any way to theirs.

Venc

5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2010
N/A
Status
Pre-Medical
Eh, apparently i don't browse these forums enough to know people are ******ed enough to inflict self harm on themselves or whatever. My comment was not intended as that, and i dont want people to see that thread under my name if they were to do a search for threads i made so please delete that thread and this one.

kthxbi
Don't you think that by starting a paragraph with an insult you won't get anyone to be on your side and/or do what you ask for.

You should edit the comment and eliminate the insult, things would be better that way :idea:

OP
UpperEastSide

UpperEastSide

Removed
Nov 20, 2010
Status
Don't you think that by starting a paragraph with an insult you won't get anyone to be on your side and/or do what you ask for.

You should edit the comment and eliminate the insult, things would be better that way :idea:
premeds irritate me sometimes......

Sep 29, 2009
Cleveland
Status
Medical Student
2 - ******ed has multiple definitions and I think it's stupid when people get their panties all bunched up when others use the word in the sense of socially inept or as having your logic/intelligence impeded by poor judgement (both valid definitions). It would be one thing if OP said "I can't believe people are mentally ******ed enough to..." because in that case he is referencing a specific type of individual and implying their inferiority. But he just used the general term "******ed". Sorry, but people who actually do have significant cognitive ******ations don't have a monopoly on that adjective.
I agree with this. I, however, was a little shocked by OP's statement not because of the use of the word "******ed" but because he insinuated that people who self-harm are in some way doing so out of sheer stupidity. That's a pretty ignorant statement IMO, as I'm sure there are plenty of people in this forum that have self-harmed (e.g. cutting) or even attempted suicide. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the context of his statement and taking it too seriously as a result.

Morzh

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I agree with this. I, however, was a little shocked by OP's statement not because of the use of the word "******ed" but because he insinuated that people who self-harm are in some way doing so out of sheer stupidity. That's a pretty ignorant statement IMO, as I'm sure there are plenty of people in this forum that have self-harmed (e.g. cutting) or even attempted suicide. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the context of his statement and taking it too seriously as a result.
Yeah I had to reread the OP a few times.. it made no sense, or at least was a bizarre/off-color way of verbalizing what he wanted to say.

OP
UpperEastSide

UpperEastSide

Removed
Nov 20, 2010
Status
Bizarre, off wall? What the heck lol. I never thought people would read what I wrote and pick out 50 different things to criticize.... oh well, BARF @ adcoms and at sdn.

Venc

5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2010
N/A
Status
Pre-Medical
Bizarre, off wall? What the heck lol. I never thought people would read what I wrote and pick out 50 different things to criticize.... oh well, BARF @ adcoms and at sdn.
Maybe that is why you have no invites, you really don't know how to communicate

Last edited:

gettheleadout

MS-4
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Ah I see you won't be with us long...

Nov 17, 2010
Temple, TX
Status
Medical Student
Maybe that is why you have no invites, you really don't know how to communicate
This.

And if your social seizures are indicative of anything in your personal statement, that doesn't bode well for your application as a whole.

Venc

5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2010
N/A
Status
Pre-Medical
honestly though venc, your comment is a bit harsh but i'm a big boy :oops:
-----

premeds irritate me sometimes......
After I made what I believe is a constructive comment

oh well, BARF @ adcoms and at sdn.
jealous much. i bleed rouge. + photo
But go ahead and read me your rules and regulations :sleep:
This whole thing would have been WAY different if you had just started the thread without insults. Heck just by saying your other comment (from the locked thread) was a joke and asked to delete it.

Good luck on you app!

People here can be very helpful or ....

At least it has been entertaining between this thread and muffs :corny::corny:

Ursa

woof
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I wish we could post sound bites on the forums! This is hilariousssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one

Supernerd

in the sky with Diamonds
Jan 5, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Idk how i happened onto this thread but how unsettling...
this sh!t is crazy!

Longshanks

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2009
New York
Status
Medical Student
This is the same guy that is writing "in the area" letters to schools when he's not actually going to be in the area. (as per school specific threads)

Supernerd

in the sky with Diamonds
Jan 5, 2010
Status
Medical Student
This is the same guy that is writing "in the area" letters to schools when he's not actually going to be in the area. (as per school specific threads)

:laugh: EPIC. new fave pic ever:thumbup:

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
you know, on closer inspection, i don't think that's jesus.. he's wearing a collared shirt

Supernerd

in the sky with Diamonds
Jan 5, 2010
Status
Medical Student
sdn says no long hair for interviews
yes but this long hair is very carefully arranged and curled... I think he could pull it off

Ursa

woof
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2010
Status
Medical Student
yes but this long hair is very carefully arranged and curled... I think he could pull it off
uhhh, and its Jesus. He can just tell them he has already healed lots of people. He's a shoo-in. Non-trad and probably decent stats. Definitely has the EC's and volunteering under his belt.

plus he walks on water. only some lizards and microbugs can do that