deleted for privacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1077948

deleted for privacy

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
naaahhhh. you are totally fine.

i had B in lab, B- in organic 2, Bs in both physics. You are fine.

Reactions: 1 user
I am likely going to get a B in gen chem lab 2. I will get an A in physics, chem, and physics lab this semester. Is this going to hurt my chances? With this semesters grades my sgpa will likely be a 3.8.

A 3.8? Medical schools only look at your application if you have a 3.95+, sorry. Also 520 MCAT is a necessity. Better start prepping for another career.

/s

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am likely going to get a B in gen chem lab 2. I will get an A in physics, chem, and physics lab this semester. Is this going to hurt my chances? With this semesters grades my sgpa will likely be a 3.8.
but basically you can get Bs and even B-s, just keep your GPA up as high as you can, - above 3.65 would be best. Well, above 3.75 would be better, but you get my point. You can even recover from a C, but it is harder. To recover from a C you would need to maintain a GPA over 3.65, and take a more advanced course (and ace it) in the subject that you got a C from....
But Bs are totally fine. Dont sweat it.

btw, lab is 1 credit only at most schools.

Reactions: 2 users
It is a common and pernicious pre-med delusion that you have to ace pre-reqs.

Reactions: 6 users
I failed a 4 credit hour course freshman year and have gained acceptances.

Reactions: 1 users

I failed yoga once. A 'B' grade in a lab class will affect you almost zero. Keep on grinding.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

• Care
Lol to be that young again....

I got a D- in o chem and got accepted to 3 MD schools

Are there podiatry schools in the Carribean? US Podiatry is definitely not an option for OP.
There are currently 9 podiatry schools in the US. Please know what you're getting yourself into before applying to podiatry school. Even though it is "easier" to get into the schools, it doesn't mean it is easy. I am a second year podiatry student at Western University of Health Sciences. The school believes in teaching students to be a physicians first that specializes in foot and ankle. We take the same exams as the DO students while specializing in the foot and ankle. Please let me know if you have any questions! Western Univesiity is a great place to go to medical school for podiatry!

• Haha
I pretty much got straight B's (with a few A's and two or three C's scattered in there) in my science courses. :shrug: But what I lack(ed) in study habits, I make up for in dashing good looks, humor, charm, and life experience. ;) Oh, and a heavy dose of humility too. :p

I'm guessing you're a freshman, so let me just say... at your age, there are other things more important to worry about than getting a B. Like getting COVID. Or pregnant. Or crippling anxiety. Don't worry about that B - be proud of it! Take a nice restful break after this semester and just do your best next semester. Don't forget to live.

Just wanted to update this thread, with I somehow managed to pull my grade up to an A-; nonetheless, thank you to everyone for your thoughtful guidance
You barely dodged Caribbean.

Sometimes I see posts like this and think of the heart attacks fellow applicants would have if they saw my transcript and then my signature...