deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ednamed

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am not able to give you a score estimate, but from my experience, I would spend every second doing more practice problems. It looks like you can definitely bring the psych score up. I would stop doing content review and split your time between u world and question pack and do as many practice problems as possible. Only look at content review if it’s a direct result of a missed question. That’s my advice. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

First of all, that's a great FL1 score to start with! I began with a 512 on FL1 but improved my scores one FL at a time (512 --> 518 --> 519 --> 520). I ended up getting the same score as FL4 (131,128,130,131) on the actual test. Here's what I did: I looked at every single problem to identify any concept that I felt weak about, then wrote down my own explanations to questions I got wrong on Anki Deck for daily review. IMO, P/S is becoming more similar to CARS in that it involves a certain way of thinking, especially when it comes to interpreting figures/data. I wouldn't recommend spending more time on third party resources, for the same reason you shoundn't practice CARS using third party resources with only three weeks left. Continue reviewing your mistakes; you still have three more FL's left. Two 127's in a row doesn't mean you'll get the same score on the next one. Regardless, your score is already great!

I am not able to give you a score estimate, but from my experience, I would spend every second doing more practice problems. It looks like you can definitely bring the psych score up. I would stop doing content review and split your time between u world and question pack and do as many practice problems as possible. Only look at content review if it’s a direct result of a missed question. That’s my advice. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you for the response, I will definitely focus on practice questions from here on out! I just feel overwhelmed by concepts I don’t have down yet which is why I thought maybe more content review would be beneficial but that makes sense.

Members don't see this ad :)
As the title says, I'm testing 6/19. I've taken AAMC FL #1 and scored 516 (129, 130, 130, 127) and the sample and scored 515 (129, 131, 128, 127). I obviously can't seem to budge my P/S score so I've been trying to just hit Anki hard, but should I also spend time rereading the 86-page doc or watching videos? Also, I just finished the section bank and have lots of Uworld and Qpack questions left -- which should I prioritize? As I definitely will not have time to finish both. I know the Qpacks are official AAMC material but I've heard they're not that representative, so any advice on how to proceed and how to best spend my next 3 weeks would be greatly appreciated! I am really pushing for a 519-520+, does this seem feasible given my timeline and where I'm standing?
You're seemingly in a great place. Just crank questions, UWorld is solid here, and spend a lot of time relaxing. Test taking is like a marathon, it's as much mental as is it physical.

You got this!!

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Thank you so much for this advice, it’s really helpful! I will definitely focus on the Qpacks and where I’m making mistakes. How did you review AAMC material (as in Qpacks, SBs, FLs)? I’ve been going through all the questions at once and noting concepts I’m not sure on with the idea I’ll go back and do more in-depth review of them once I’ve gone through the whole FL, but I find that I miss fully revisiting things this way. Should I stop and do the in-depth review AS I go through each question (as in take much longer to go through each FL since I’d be constantly stopping for review)? Not sure if that question makes sense I just don’t know how to make my reviewing more effective. Thanks in advance!
I never used QPacks to practice, except for CARS. However, for SBs and FL’s, I would go back to my review book or notes, if it’s a concept based problem. But if its a data analysis problem, then I would go step-by-step on how I approached the problem and write down how I should’ve approached the problem. When you go back and see the answer, just start reviewing it right away while you can still remember your thought process. For example, I noticed that I was finishing my P/S section way too early on FL’s with 20 minutes to spare. This taught me to slow down and catch any mistakes or misinterpretation of a problem. Hope this helps.