Dell v. Texas A&M EnMed and Match rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiMD

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I thought Dell had some kind of dual engineering program as well for the third year, but maybe I’m misremembering?

I believe the A&M program outside of EnMed has had some trouble with inconsistent class sizing and allocation of clinical spot (Heard via MS3 friend who is really not liking A&M, so take it with a grain of salt)

Definitely have no idea which is better if you want to do biomedical engineering in the future. Maybe worth considering how much of your future career you plan to be doing engineering vs clinical care and use that to help with decision making?

I guess the classic advice is “go where you can be the most successful”? Best of luck, seems like a tough one for engineers!

Reactions: 1 user
I faced a similar predicament between choosing an established program (UTSW) vs. the innovative, new route (EnMed). Personally, I decided to pursue the safer route with ranking UTSW #1 knowing that no matter what happens, I will be provided a solid and top notch medical education that will prepare me to pursue a competitive speciality if I chose to. However, I think when comparing EnMed to dell, with them both being new programs, I think EnMed is worth the risk given the uniqueness it adds to your education. Additionally, Houston Methodist and the TMC are significantly better for your clinical trainings than seton imo but take this with a grain of salt given that I didn’t interview at dell. I think the only con with EnMed is the HPF grading system, and if that is a deal breaker for u, u can go for dell. Personally I would rank UTSW>EnMed>Dell/mcgovern, but tbh, they are all great programs and no matter what choice you make, you can’t go wrong. Hook em!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user