SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Dental anatomy question

Discussion in 'NBDE Exams & Licensure Exams' started by herasasil, Jun 19, 2008.

1. herasasil

herasasil 2+ Year Member

Jan 9, 2007
    The primary MANDIBULAR CANINES are usually exoliated by what age?

I thought the mandibular permanent canines came in at around 9 years of age. The answer is apparently 9-12 years, how is it not 7-9 or for that matter 6-8yrs?

There is a chart they have to memorize but I am trying to rationalize it based on the anatomy and resorption of the primary tooths root. Is it just 9-12 yrs because there is variability in the resorption time?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dec 11, 2004
    The mandibular canines erupt at around 9-10 years of age. 6-7 would just be too early.
  4. skabbaraju

skabbaraju Unbound Imagination Dentist 7+ Year Member

Mar 30, 2007
    The answer s'd have been 7-9yrs. 9-12 seems too delayed.
  5. herasasil

herasasil 2+ Year Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Looking through my texts, and again found it says the range is between 9-12 years. I know tooth eruption can be delayed. However, its not making any sense to me that the 12 years is in the range. I too agreed it would be 7-9 years or in my mind if the choice existed(8-10yrs) but can anyone explain how 9-12 is right.