Dental Board and the sleeping RT Bill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nash so

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All

After long waiting for the senate and the dental board to decide about the future of the foreign dentists, we have to ask ourselves if realy the Rt exams will be extended or not?

At the begining the board was sure that it will be extended but now they advise the people to go to school for 2 or 3 years, and who can afford to go to school which the cost is almost $150.000

there is a lot of pressure from US dental schools and the US dental graduates to stop the exams.So let us face the truth, it seems will take a long time to be approved if it will be, the 2 weeks peroid been going almost now for over 6 month and there is no improvement.

I think we (the foreign dentists) should take an action instead of watching! we have to get our voice reaches all the people like what happened 3 years ago when the phillipino organization did and the exams extended for another year and all the the students did pass the exam.

Right now we think to form a similar organization to follow up this matter and get our voice to reach all.

To do so we need all of you who are waiting to get in touch with us and start moving asap

Please contact us at [email protected].

Good Luck

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Nash so
....Right now we think to form a similar organization to follow up this matter and get our voice to reach all.

To do so we need all of you who are waiting to get in touch with us and start moving asap

Please contact us at [email protected].

You speak in plural.... who are "we" and "us"? :cool:

Well, we are few dentists in Los Angeles like yourself watching what is going on with the bill and the sweet promises from the board and senate that it will be voted soon within 2 weeks, this been going since september 2003 if you remember, but now we are so frustrated and decided to do something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for those who wrote or replyed to me.
guys we need to move faster , please write to me...

uptill now there are 43 voted for the bill let us cross our fingers.

Good Luck to all .

I was just wondering what you guys think will happen once the bill is passed? How long will it take for them to schedule everyone waiting for testing? I hope that the wait isn't 1 or 2 years. I think they still have a number of people from previous examinations who are waiting to be re-tested...because of not passing. Any thoughts on this?

We hope to have a schedule for the exams soon.
Good Luck