Dental board of California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

completedenture

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone knows what the Dental board is doing with the application files for the May Bench exam? it seems to take them forever for doing anything, anyone heard from them lately regarding to what will happen?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone gets response from the dental board now? Such as returned application documents?

Our check paid for the May Bench application fee is cashed today. Are yours cashed or not cashed now? We can exchange the information to see if this means something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well speaking from past experience ( I applied to a previous bench exam and didnt get in) I can tell you that the Dental Board will cash your check even if you are not scheduled coz they cash ALL checks.
Then what they do is refund the money to you later and this can take a long time ( 3 months in my case).

Dentoman, I was wondering, if they did cash all checks, they would have cashed all of them before the May exam. Why was Dh2's check cashed just now ? It must mean something....

Originally posted by dh2
Our check paid for the May Bench application fee is cashed today. Are yours cashed or not cashed now? We can exchange the information to see if this means something.

Hi dh2.. congratulations on being admitted to the august bench exam. Is this your first time taking the exam? I'm just tying to figure out how the dental boarg is prioritising the remainig applications.. Thank you. & work hard.. not long to go now :)

Hi articulate,
how do you know if he was acccepted in August exam? are you so sure about this conclusion?

Originally posted by completedenture
Hi articulate,
how do you know if he was acccepted in August exam? are you so sure about this conclusion?
I think I am. I've taken this blessed exam once before, & that was how I found out that I was in. The board will send a confirmation card later on. They wouldn't cash your check unless you're in.. at least that was my experience with them.

Think about this:
How can the board start scheduling people for the august exam when they havent even posted the filing dates for that exam?
They cant do that and they wont simply because that will leave them open to litigation.
If some people have priority that will become known later on but personally i dont think they will give priority to anyone because almost 1000 people applied for the may exam and if the people who were not scheduled back then have priority for the next exam that simply means nobody else should apply beacuse the exam has space for only 250 people.

What you're saying makes sense, but I still find it hard to believe that the board will cash somebody's check unless they were taking the exam. I handed my application in person first time round & asked the person who collected the application for a receipt for a receipt.. She told me that my check is thr receipt.. if it gets cashed, then that means that I'm in the exam!

Did anybody that filed May bench application but was not scheduled find his/her check not cash yet?
And the voice message at ext. of the exam unit of Dental Board always says they have been looking for several options for prioritizing the remaining applicants. How will they prioritize? Could it be by the NDBE scores?

dH2, I think my check is not cashed yet, are you sure yours is cashed on 05/28? I need to check out my bank statemen, but so far, mine doesn't seem to be cashed

did you try to call the Board to figure out what is going on?