Dental Boards Mastery Part 2 — to easy or just right?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Longcatislong

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who took NBDE II using Dental Boards Mastery as one of your main study resources: were questions encountered in DBM for part 2 similar to those on the actual exam, too easy than the actual exam, or harder than the actual exam?

Basically, is this a legit primary study source to pass?

Members don't see this ad.

For those who took NBDE II using Dental Boards Mastery as one of your main study resources: were questions encountered in DBM for part 2 similar to those on the actual exam, too easy than the actual exam, or harder than the actual exam?

Basically, is this a legit primary study source to pass?
I thought mastery app was on par with the actual exam. Kaplan was a little tougher, I liked it b/c it made the actual test feel a bit easier.

I'm curious about this for Part 1. Did any of you use the Dental Boards Mastery app for Part 1? If so, was it too easy or just right?
I dont know if I am too late to advice but yes mastery app helped me a lot especially the explanations( I made the notes side by side). Studying decks and then practicing on mastery app and lastly the asda exams - is the key to pass this horrible exam!

Members don't see this ad :)
Instead of making a new thread... I'll ask my very similar question...This is embarrassing for me but I've failed NBDE part II twice now. The first time, sort of used a friend's account (u/n & p/w) on Mastery app > 2nd time used the same thing but added first aid book(not sure why people recommend this though because for me it wasn't that useful) > don't want a repeat performance on my 3rd time obviously.

So, will be taking my exam in December '19 ... what should I do this time??
- already bought flash cards
- should I buy the Mastery app so I can use it on my smartphone too
- what are these ASDA papers I keep hearing about??. please send links

Anxiously awaiting your replies/responses.

I am also interested in this topic-- no experience with the actual exam for part II, but the app seems to be rather simple in the questions?

currently studying for part 2 as well.

i know everyone says dental decks but i'm wondering if anyone has a different opinion? personally i found for part 1 decks was too detailed and too much information. I found the mastery app a poor representation of part 1 but a better way to learn the topics because it wasn't information overload.

i guess im trying to avoid going through decks for part 2? its too much information i feel like im not absorbing anything? anyone care to comment?

Instead of making a new thread... I'll ask my very similar question...This is embarrassing for me but I've failed NBDE part II twice now. The first time, sort of used a friend's account (u/n & p/w) on Mastery app > 2nd time used the same thing but added first aid book(not sure why people recommend this though because for me it wasn't that useful) > don't want a repeat performance on my 3rd time obviously.

So, will be taking my exam in December '19 ... what should I do this time??
- already bought flash cards
- should I buy the Mastery app so I can use it on my smartphone too
- what are these ASDA papers I keep hearing about??. please send links

Anxiously awaiting your replies/responses.
did you pass?

I appeared for nbde part 2 in December 2019, but failed it :-/ I don’t think mastery app helped me even a bit. It’s quite easier compared to the actual exam. I studied decks but I don’t think they are enough to pass this horrible stupid exam. I was scoring pretty good on ASDa exams during my prep but the actual exam was very weird and I felt so disheartened after taking it. Some professional guided me this time and said to go with DENTIN and then do Kaplan Qbank. I will be appearing in April for my second attempt now. I have few questions if anyone can answer:
Will I be too late to apply for 2020 cycle if I apply in May after passing nbde 2 in April?
I have a GPA of 3.6 (BDS), yet to appear in toefl ( recently got 90 but will take it again to improve), Bachelors degree in Healthcare management with gpa 3.7, internship at a reputed hospital in healthcare management, community service 1 year, started shadowing recently and passed nbde 1 last year!
Where do I stand with such stats and will I be able to get in with such stats? (Toefl I will try to get above 105)

Hi guys. I hope your endeavor to dental school is going great! I am taking NBDE part 2 next June and looking for the released exams but I am not sure if going through older than 10 years is even a good idea. I was thinking about studying the last section (II-M) which gives you questions from 2000 to 2008, that is as good (current) as it gets. What do you all think?

Does anyone have the materials and the willingness to sell? I would greatly appreciate it!