Dental College of Georgia - Augusta University class of 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the people who have already gotten a call could post their interview dates that would be helpful. Thanks!!

Reactions: 2 users
If the first call started around 8~8:30ish....... and it's 10:14 right now......... Are they done calling......?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!!
IS
I JUST got a call, so they are still calling, don't lose hope.

Reactions: 3 users
Calls will occur throughout the day.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Hmm... It seems like they are calling in order of interview dates then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm... It seems like they are calling in order of interview dates then.

November is late-ish. If they're going in order, they're going backwards. I've got a feeling there's no order in particular.

November is late-ish. If they're going in order, they're going backwards. I've got a feeling there's no order in particular.

They're likely not. Two responses is not sufficient evidence.

Did anyone that's gotten a call interview earlier than Nov?

I interviewed in October last year(2015) but got my call on December 3rd(2015). So don't fret if your not given a call today. Best of luck class of 2021!

Reactions: 5 users
PSA: NOT ALL ACCEPTANCES ARE ISSUED TODAY. Be patient. As long as you don't have an email rejection, you're still pending. Some come in today if you were interviewed last week. Others come in next week if you were interviewed in September. There is no correlation and students are not admitted in batches based on when they interviewed. It is all at the discretion of the adcom.
Source: http://www.augusta.edu/dentalmedicine/admit/contactinformation.php

PSA: NOT ALL ACCEPTANCES ARE ISSUED TODAY. Be patient. As long as you don't have an email rejection, you're still pending. Some come in today if you were interviewed last week. Others come in next week if you were interviewed in September. There is no correlation and students are not admitted in batches based on when they interviewed. It is all at the discretion of the adcom.
Source: http://www.augusta.edu/dentalmedicine/admit/contactinformation.php

I told you this...

Accepted!!! Dr. Hanes called me right before 11. So excited :happy:

Are they still calling people? so quiet here.............

yes does anyone know if they are still calling people today?

Last year it looks like december 1st was a tuesday so they made calls on tuesday/thursday for many people
Does anyone know if they will be waiting until next week to make more calls or will they resume tomorrow?

They leave at 5:00, so I'd imagine that's when the calling would for sure end.

Only 13 acceptances in the Facebook group. That seems kind of low.

Let's hope tomorrow is another big wave of acceptances for us!

So they are calling tomorrow too??

My friend that interviewed for the school has beeen trying to keep in touch with ms. Perry and she said they give acceptances the first week.

Give it a few days/30 days at the max and you'll see movement. Already have a few friends who I know will be turning down their offers.

Poor timing with finals lol. I'm a nervous wreck.

Haha patience my friend. Did you get any other offers?

Not yet, DCG was my only interview. Complete silence from UAB, Buffalo, and both Kentucky schools. I'd be perfectly content if DCG ends up being my only interview/acceptance. I LOVED the school. How about you?

How do they notify waitlists/rejections? Do they send an email, change the status on the AADSAS portal, or do both?

How do they notify waitlists/rejections? Do they send an email, change the status on the AADSAS portal, or do both?

Email. Not sure about AADSAS, but DCG typically doesn't keep that up to date. If they do change it it'll probably be after you receive an email.

Hi everyone, just joining in...
I've been reading your posts, and I guess nobody got anymore phone calls today...?
But anyway, congrats to everyone who got in, must be really really exciting. All that hard work finally paid off.
And just to make sure, they're not done announcing, correct?

I got denied from UK and wait listed from Louisville yesterday and I am really in a sinking mood... I can't really study for my finals, so frustrating..
I can't help but to feel lesser and smaller and wondering what did I do wrong.. it's so depressing.
Oh well, maybe next week....

Hi everyone, just joining in...
I've been reading your posts, and I guess nobody got anymore phone calls today...?
But anyway, congrats to everyone who got in, must be really really exciting. All that hard work finally paid off.
And just to make sure, they're not done announcing, correct?

I got denied from UK and wait listed from Louisville yesterday and I am really in a sinking mood... I can't really study for my finals, so frustrating..
I can't help but to feel lesser and smaller and wondering what did I do wrong.. it's so depressing.
Oh well, maybe next week....

It took me three times to get in. It's just hard to get into dental school sometimes. There are so many factors that go into picking candidates. If you don't get the news you'd like from Louisville, email or call the admissions and see if you could meet with someone from admissions to go over your stats and how you can stand out more next cycle. I did that with DCG, I followed their advice, and when I applied last year to several schools, I ended up having several options. Also, many schools like reapplicants because it shows that you are really interested.

That being said, don't give up yet. If you're on a wait list that means they are interested in you.

If you or anyone in here ends up getting some bad news, send me a message and I'll give you some advice that helped me.

Tomorrow is the last interview date, so good luck to those individuals! Hopefully the lovely admissions staff will somehow find the time to make some calls while still conducting an interview day. In the event that that doesn't happen, good luck to everyone this week!

Tomorrow is the last interview date, so good luck to those individuals! Hopefully the lovely admissions staff will somehow find the time to make some calls while still conducting an interview day. In the event that that doesn't happen, good luck to everyone this week!

I'm glad you mentioned the interview date. I'll probably spend less time laboring over my phone all day because I doubt they'll be calling tomorrow with all that going on.

I would guess it wouldn't be until Wednesday. Tuesday or Wednesday is when they evaluate the last interviewees if I recall correctly.

I would guess it wouldn't be until Wednesday. Tuesday or Wednesday is when they evaluate the last interviewees if I recall correctly.

I've tried to go through the Facebook group members to determine how many are current dental students. It seems to be ~5 or 6, which would mean there have been at least 27 accepted so far. Would you say that is a fair assumption? If so, there should be many acceptances still ready to go out this week and next.

Status
Not open for further replies.