Dental College of Georgia Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***The Official Dental College of Georgia Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received a supplemental from DCG yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Current D1 following this thread. Feel free to ask me any questions

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! Question, did you receive a confirmation email after completing your supplemental application?
I actually did not. I got an email saying they received my AADSAS application that had the link to the supplemental, then I only got a confirmation email from paying the supplemental fee. The next email was the interview email! No phone call

I actually did not. I got an email saying they received my AADSAS application that had the link to the supplemental, then I only got a confirmation email from paying the supplemental fee. The next email was the interview email! No phone call
Thank you for the quick response! Just making sure I didn't miss anything. I am OOS

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have sent my application out on June 16 and I am retaking the DAT. Should I notify the schools prior? Or would they know since I had put the next testing date in my ADA application?

Hi everyone! I'm a reapplicant/I was wait listed to DCG last cycle and just wanted to wish everyone good luck this cycle :) Yay! Is anyone else retaking their DAT in September?

I have sent my application out on June 16 and I am retaking the DAT. Should I notify the schools prior? Or would they know since I had put the next testing date in my ADA application?
If you listed your next testing date/intent to retake on the AASDAS application then I don’t find it necessary to notify them

Did anyone put "virtual shadowing" in their application? The AADSAS website says the accept this, but I'm not sure what to write as the description under academic enrichment. I called the admissions office and they said you can just watch 20 hours worth of youtube videos to fulfill this requirement.

Did anyone put "virtual shadowing" in their application? The AADSAS website says the accept this, but I'm not sure what to write as the description under academic enrichment. I called the admissions office and they said you can just watch 20 hours worth of youtube videos to fulfill this requirement.
Wow really!? I will get right on that then! Did they give you any other insights? I'd be applying next cycle. :xf:

Wow really!? I will get right on that then! Did they give you any other insights? I'd be applying next cycle. :xf:
I'm not sure if this applies for next cycle. I think it's just an exception they made right now for COVID, but it's worth asking! IDK it seems a little unprofessional to just write "watched youtube videos" in my app, so that's why I'm confused lol

I'm not sure if this applies for next cycle. I think it's just an exception they made right now for COVID, but it's worth asking! IDK it seems a little unprofessional to just write "watched youtube videos" in my app, so that's why I'm confused lol
I feel you. I've got my OChems left to do in 20 credits this semester, and 17 next semester, and also 2 toddlers so I've been trying to get shadowing in any way I possibly can. I've reached out to SO many dentists but they all say try next spring. ...But I need to apply by next spring. I may have a lead for a free clinic that opens up end of this month... but it's an hour away. So I'm afraid I'll sink with everything going on if I leave shadowing to last minute.. This week is the only week I have before Fall classes start :bag: covid is such a bummer. :cool: I was in India in March, and couldn't volunteer either, had to come home early. Need some sort of a miracle for shadowing at this point!

I feel you. I've got my OChems left to do in 20 credits this semester, and 17 next semester, and also 2 toddlers so I've been trying to get shadowing in any way I possibly can. I've reached out to SO many dentists but they all say try next spring. ...But I need to apply by next spring. I may have a lead for a free clinic that opens up end of this month... but it's an hour away. So I'm afraid I'll sink with everything going on if I leave shadowing to last minute.. This week is the only week I have before Fall classes start :bag: covid is such a bummer. :cool: I was in India in March, and couldn't volunteer either, had to come home early. Need some sort of a miracle for shadowing at this point!
I'm applying this semester and I am with you on all of that! It's a tough year to be making career decisions. :( Best of luck to you!

How long does it take official DAT scores to be reported to the schools? Just took my DAT on July 26 and was hoping to get my name into the loop as soon as possible. Also, does anyone know much about scholarships that are offered by DCG, and the stats required to be considered for them. I was able to have a 3.91 sGPA and 3.88 oGPA with 22 AA 23 TS on DAT, and was hoping I would be able to obtain some scholarships.

How long does it take official DAT scores to be reported to the schools? Just took my DAT on July 26 and was hoping to get my name into the loop as soon as possible. Also, does anyone know much about scholarships that are offered by DCG, and the stats required to be considered for them. I was able to have a 3.91 sGPA and 3.88 oGPA with 22 AA 23 TS on DAT, and was hoping I would be able to obtain some scholarships.
Hi, I took the DAT July 25 and my scores were approved August 5.

Girl I am in same boat. Doing a Masters, Working, and have a toddler. Super stressful.!!!! and studying to take the DAT on 9/28. which seems late !!!

• Love
Hi everyone! Good luck to all applying this cycle. I applied pretty late in the cycle last year and did not get an interview due to how late I applied. So I am reapplying this year. I had everything submitted right around the first of July. I completed the supplemental soon after. I keep checking my email several times each day hoping for an interview. I’m hoping they just haven’t given out many yet and that my time is coming soon!

Hi everyone! Good luck to all applying this cycle. I applied pretty late in the cycle last year and did not get an interview due to how late I applied. So I am reapplying this year. I had everything submitted right around the first of July. I completed the supplemental soon after. I keep checking my email several times each day hoping for an interview. I’m hoping they just haven’t given out many yet and that my time is coming soon!
When did you submit your application last year?

When did you submit your application last year?
I didn’t take my DAT until late August. I ended up submitting everything around the beginning of September, but it still took a few weeks after that for everything to be verified. If I could do it all again I would have submitted my app without DAT score ahead of time. I’m sure they will be much more lenient with later submissions this cycle due to everyone’s different COVID circumstances.

I didn’t take my DAT until late August. I ended up submitting everything around the beginning of September, but it still took a few weeks after that for everything to be verified. If I could do it all again I would have submitted my app without DAT score ahead of time. I’m sure they will be much more lenient with later submissions this cycle due to everyone’s different COVID circumstances.

What were your stats last year when you applied late?

Best of luck this cycle! Did you get an interview anywhere last year?

Just got an interview invite!! I'm in-state. Who else is interviewing on Sept 4th?

Best of luck this cycle! Did you get an interview anywhere last year?
What were your stats last year when you applied late?
Thanks! I only applied to DCG, Lecom, and Nova. I got interviews and Lecom and Nova. The week of my interview at Lecom I found out I was missing 7 elective hours I needed to earn my bachelor’s, and I wouldn’t be completely finished with those credits by the time dental schools started classes so I was not able to attend. Talk about bad timing! I had a 3.7 gpa and 20 AA.

Thanks! I only applied to DCG, Lecom, and Nova. I got interviews and Lecom and Nova. The week of my interview at Lecom I found out I was missing 7 elective hours I needed to earn my bachelor’s, and I wouldn’t be completely finished with those credits by the time dental schools started classes so I was not able to attend. Talk about bad timing! I had a 3.7 gpa and 20 AA.

I am sorry to hear that :( good luck this cycle! Did you get an interview from DCG this cycle?

Received an interview this morning for Sept 10-11th (Virtual) via email. I'm an OOS applicant ; this is my second time applying to DCG. Last year I was waitlisted! Wishing everyone the best of luck this cycle :)

Received an interview this morning for Sept 10-11th (Virtual) via email. I'm an OOS applicant ; this is my second time applying to DCG. Last year I was waitlisted! Wishing everyone the best of luck this cycle :)
Do you mind sharing your stats? When did you retake DAT?

Hi! 20+AA & TS, 18PAT. ~3.8 overall & science gpa! My DAT retake is scheduled for October.
Good luck! When did you submit your app? Also what's your QR score if you don't mind sharing? We have similar stats!