Dental College of Georgia Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Can't believe I'm typing this but I GOT IN!!!!!!!! :) OOS! So excited and beyond thrilled
Congrats!! What letter does your last name start with if you don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance at 2 pm EST! Ms. Messer says she's running late on calling because there were some issues with the system in the morning.

Reactions: 1 users
Me. I’m starting to lose hope. My interview went really really well but now I’m starting to second guess
Same here! I interviewed in early October and thought it went really well also! Trying not to lose hope, but the doubt is slowly creeping in. I haven’t seen a lot of acceptances for DCG. Do you know if they can still call tomorrow?

Same here! I interviewed in early October and thought it went really well also! Trying not to lose hope, but the doubt is slowly creeping in. I haven’t seen a lot of acceptances for DCG. Do you know if they can still call tomorrow?
I haven’t seen many either. I’d think they would make all calls today. I’m hoping my aadsas status will at least be updated by the end of the day so I’ll know for sure if I don’t get a call!

I haven’t seen many either. I’d think they would make all calls today. I’m hoping my aadsas status will at least be updated by the end of the day so I’ll know for sure if I don’t get a call!
Good luck to you! I hate that we haven’t heard anything yet, but there is still hope since people are saying they had an issue and are way behind

Good luck to you! I hate that we haven’t heard anything yet, but there is still hope since people are saying they had an issue and are way behind
How many people are saying they had an issue with calling?

How many people are saying they had an issue with calling?
I think it is an issue on the school's end that put them behind schedule. A post above states that Dr. Messer said she was running late on calling because there were some issues with the system this morning

Good luck to you too! I have a friend who didn’t get a call last year until the next week due to a similar issue so maybe we still have a shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Messer said we’d get a physical acceptance letter and did she say an email or electronic copy as well? I can’t remember I was so stressed lol

Dr. Messer said we’d get a physical acceptance letter and did she say an email or electronic copy as well? I can’t remember I was so stressed lol
Did she say how long it would take to get the acceptance letter? Or the email

I also didn't get a call today :( I thought I would get in due to being in state + stats (GPA3.93,27AA,29TS,27PAT) + interview went fairly well. Hopefully Dr. Messer will make more calls throughout the week :)

I also didn't get a call today :( I thought I would get in due to being in state + stats (GPA3.93,27AA,29TS,27PAT) + interview went fairly well. Hopefully Dr. Messer will make more calls throughout the week :)
Wow! Your stats are great. I am also in state and am trying to stay hopeful for a phone call in the morning! No news is still good news. When did you interview?

Wow! Your stats are great. I am also in state and am trying to stay hopeful for a phone call in the morning! No news is still good news. When did you interview?
I applied really late at the end of September and interviewed on Oct. 23rd. Hbu?

For those who got calls today, did Dr. Messer call you? who called you? Did your status on ADEA change from invited to interview to something else?

For those who got calls today, did Dr. Messer call you? who called you? Did your status on ADEA change from invited to interview to something else?
Stephanie Perry called me and my status has not changed on ADEA. I think it’s just Ms. Perry and Dr. Messer making the calls.

Stephanie Perry called me and my status has not changed on ADEA. I think it’s just Ms. Perry and Dr. Messer making the calls.
Congrats! Do you know if they are going to call tomorrow? What time did you get a call from Ms. Perry?

Thank you! I got the call around noon. I’m sure they will continue calls this week like they did last year. I’m also OOS and I know there are not a lot of spots for OOS so maybe they got most of those calls done first before the IS?

If you haven’t heard anything today don’t get too down. If I remember correctly I didn’t hear anything from them on that Monday (last year’s decision day) and got a waitlist email on that Friday. I’m oos and got an acceptance call in January. Several of my classmates also got calls in January and February. I recommend just stay calm and see how the week plays out. Also for those accepted that may have missed it, the link to your fb group is at the bottom of page two. Good luck to the rest of you I wish you the best.

Reactions: 2 users
Apparently when they call, for some reason it shows as "Spam Risk". I remember Dr. Messer mentioned about this problem.
make sure your phone does not automatically block the spam calls.
Also, I noticed some people are talking about the alphabetical order of their names. My friend who's last name starts with "W" got a call earlier than me (which starts with "B") and even he interview later than me. So don't really think about when you interviewed and what is the alphabetical order of your last name.

Reactions: 3 users
Apparently when they call, for some reason it shows as "Spam Risk". I remember Dr. Messer mentioned about this problem.
make sure your phone does not automatically block the spam calls.
Also, I noticed some people are talking about the alphabetical order of their names. My friend who's last name starts with "W" got a call earlier than me (which starts with "B") and even he interview later than me. So don't really think about when you interviewed and what is the alphabetical order of your last name.
Still hoping for a call today! Fingers crossed

Same! From what I've been reading it seems like DCG is calling based on the date of the interview/application. Hopefully that's the case and we hear back soon!
I don't think it's based on the date of the interview

Same! From what I've been reading it seems like DCG is calling based on the date of the interview/application. Hopefully that's the case and we hear back soon!
I hope we hear back soon. This is my top choice and only interview, so fingers crossed. Trying to stay hopeful though. I am friends with a married couple at DCG in their D2 year. One of them didn't get their call until the Friday after their call day at 6:30 pm and the other got the call on the first day. They were both on the original list of 96 people, not wait listed. I was told they don't call everyone on the first day. They only call about half. Considering yesterday's delay and the fact that I've only seen ~20 acceptances to DCG, they didn't get through a lot of phone calls yesterday. I was also told that they have to save some spots for when grades are finalized in case anyone the year before us has to repeat. I think grades will be finalized Friday, so there is still hope for that as well!

Just got an email about waitlist. Did anyone get it? What time did you guys get it?

If you are waitlisted, make sure to give them a call and ask for an appointment!!!!!!!!!
They will make note of who reached out to them and will put it in your application.
Students who are accepted have 30 days to make their final decision to accept or decline the offer.
Last year they went 30+ people down the wait list.

I really want to everyone who got rejected or wait listed as much as possible!
I have been there and I know the frustration!

If you are waitlisted, make sure to give them a call and ask for an appointment!!!!!!!!!
They will make note of who reached out to them and will put it in your application.
Students who are accepted have 30 days to make their final decision to accept or decline the offer.
Last year they went 30+ people down the wait list.
What would we talk about with them at the appointment if I made one? Just ask why we were waitlisted?

What would we talk about with them at the appointment if I made one? Just ask why we were waitlisted?
Yes!
just ask them why and what can you do at this point.
Also have a plan for next year (just in case you don’t get in) and check you plan with them.

I just got my rejection email today :( I set up an appointment for a meeting, but the earliest was 01/12/2021. What are some of your suggestions I do until I apply again next cycle? I am thinking about getting a job as a dental assistant. I graduate in May 2021.

I just got my rejection email today :( I set up an appointment for a meeting, but the earliest was 01/12/2021. What are some of your suggestions I do until I apply again next cycle? I am thinking about getting a job as a dental assistant. I graduate in May 2021.
Yes absolutely! I worked as a dental assistant in a private practice in my hometown. Specially because of COVID dental offices are short on staff and desperately need assistance. Retake your DAT if needed and definitely kill your spring semester with A’s.
Show dedication for next year.
DCG is not looking for 4.0 people, they want hard working people, the people who don’t give up!
Show your dedication in your application for next year!
One of the important things is your personal statement. I’m not the right person to talk about this, but if they don’t like your story they don’t take your application seriously.

Yes absolutely! I worked as a dental assistant in a private practice in my hometown. Specially because of COVID dental offices are short on staff and desperately need assistance. Retake your DAT if needed and definitely kill your spring semester with A’s.
Show dedication for next year.
DCG is not looking for 4.0 people, they want hard working people, the people who don’t give up!
Show your dedication in your application for next year!
One of the important things is your personal statement. I’m not the right person to talk about this, but if they don’t like your story they don’t take your application seriously.
I have a 19 AA and 3.64 GPA. Lowest grade is a "B". I tested out of 14 credits before coming into college, so I only have a "K" on my transcript where I could have a letter grade. Not sure if I can fix that, though. I could possibly retake my DAT? Since I graduate in May I am not sure if I will be able to work a dental assistant job until after that. I've worked part-time as an office assistant for my university's nursing department for the past three school years and will still be working that job next semester. What are your suggestions while I am still in school next semester besides get good grades?

I didn’t get a phone call, a waitlist email, or a rejection email/mail 🤷‍♀

just checked aadsas and it says application denied 🤷‍♀️ Guess I’ll be going to another school then. Good luck to you guys!

Congrats to all those who got accepted. I am a current D1 at DCG if you have any questions feel free to reach out to me. Please have faith in the waitlist, I did not end up getting accepted here until Jan 14, 2020. Be patient and do be so quick to accept the OOS offers!;)

Last edited:

I also got waitlisted today. DCG is my top choice so hopefully, we'll hear back soon! Around when would be an appropriate time to send a letter of intent?

As of yesterday the class is full and they’ve only gone 12 down the waitlist. Losing hope for getting off the waitlist...