Dental Conferences Thread! We're Dental Students Now!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting this thread going as a tool for those who are going to go to their first DENTAL CONFERENCES (woo!), or to their one-millionth, as many of you have probably already gone to a few.

Anyway, I figure that for those who haven't gone, it's a great idea to go before we're in dental school! (And for those who are still in the process of applying - it's a great way to know what the professional dental world is like!). Lots of students go to these anyway, so we'll [hopefully] fit right in :D.

Also, it's a good way for SDNers to meet up and figure out what the heck to do with our new lives! Wooo!

I personally am going to the Yankee at the end of January...anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

How do you find out where conferences are and what they pretain too?

I'mFillingFine said:
I'm getting this thread going as a tool for those who are going to go to their first DENTAL CONFERENCES (woo!), or to their one-millionth, as many of you have probably already gone to a few.

Anyway, I figure that for those who haven't gone, it's a great idea to go before we're in dental school! (And for those who are still in the process of applying - it's a great way to know what the professional dental world is like!). Lots of students go to these anyway, so we'll [hopefully] fit right in :D.

Also, it's a good way for SDNers to meet up and figure out what the heck to do with our new lives! Wooo!

I would go, but I'm not going to be home for it.....still have to get my degree. :sleep: So I'm going to be in Madison, WI. But if you decide to go to Tufts or even UConn, I'm sure I'll see you there for many years to come.

Members don't see this ad :)
I might be at the Yankee conference. My exam schedule is pretty crappy around that time, so it just depends. Should be very interesting though.

I'mFillingFine said:

aaaa, what the hell would you do at a dental conference, you havent had the first dental class....................I dont understand..................

Rezdawg said:
I hear there are some really good pens to be had.

I know a guy who got some floss.

Hot pickle baby said:
aaaa, what the hell would you do at a dental conference, you havent had the first dental class....................I dont understand..................

Flirt with the cute reps from the bleaching companies.

Rezdawg said:
I hear there are some really good pens to be had.

Skip the pens, go for the gold: electric toothbrushes! Between the ADA conference and OralB throwing stuff at us all of the time, some of my friends have managed to collect 8-9 of them each.

Sprgrover said:
Skip the pens, go for the gold: electric toothbrushes! Between the ADA conference and OralB throwing stuff at us all of the time, some of my friends have managed to collect 8-9 of them each.

Those are nice. They also raffle off chairs - which cost a pretty penny. Would be nice to win a free chair that is waiting for you when you open up your practice.

ldybug579 said:
How do you find out where conferences are and what they pretain too?

I want to know too... Anybody? :confused:

LadyxJC said:
I want to know too... Anybody? :confused:

Ask your dentist, I'm sure he/she will know of one nearby.

boree said:
Those are nice. They also raffle off chairs - which cost a pretty penny. Would be nice to win a free chair that is waiting for you when you open up your practice.

YESSSS. Guys, free stuff is KEY!!!!

My sisters and I used to go with my father when we were young. We would take baggies around to all the venders, look up at the them sweetly, and say "trick-or-treat!!" We'd reel them right in and get diamond drills, enough toothpaste to spackle a house, and fancy schmancy toothbrushes :D :D

I imagine the ADA has lots of info about where dental conferences are. Most areas have one going on at any one time.

And as for us not taking our first class yet, I think it's a GREAT introduction to dentistry in general!!! People have been asking how to prepare for being a freshman at dental school or improving hand skills or whatever....what better way than going to these things? :D

PM me if anyone wants to meet up at the Yankee :thumbup:

seeing as the registration fee is anything but cheap, i'd say it's some pretty expensive free stuff.... but with that in mind i am already registered for yankee (going with the dentist i work for)