1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Dental Experience, Help & Advice!?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by cochino, Aug 9, 2002.

1. cochino

cochino Member
    7+ Year Member

I have a big time problem. My AADSAS application is going out in the second batch and this morning I reviewed my file. In the Additional Information section where it asks if you have any experience in a dental office or experience in a dental, clinical, hospital, or lab setting all I put was my hospital lab experience working with blood and other fluid samples. I totally misunderstood the question thinking it was asking for any WORK and only work experience in these fields. Since the hospital is the only place that I actually worked at and not just volunteered or shadowed, that is all I put. DOOUUHH!!
    So I was thinking this morning (of course when it is to late) how are they going to know about my dental experience other than what I typed in my personal essay? I have some pretty decent experience that I want the adcoms to see. I have spent 40+ hours in each of two dental offices, with one dentist allowing some hands-on-experience and I also spent 10 days working over 80 hours in Guatemala this past February with a medical/dental mission called DoCare International. These are things I want the adcoms to see? Any advice out there on what to do?
    I was thinking if AADSAS won't allow me to update my file (they don't, I called) then I would type up a letter to each school that I am applying to and send it to them with hopes that the adcoms will read it together with my application. Will that work or am I SOL?
    If anybody has any information or have experienced anything like this please let me know if there is a better way to go about this!
    Thank You!
    Cochino:confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UBTom

UBTom Class '04 official geezer
    10+ Year Member

Heya,

I wouldn't worry about it, especially since an application is basically a synopsis that isn't supposed to be very detailed anyway.

You will get a chance to elaborate on your exposure to the field-- During the interview. Make sure it goes well, and good luck!