Dental hygiene degree in dental school?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asanddhu

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to get accepted in Dental school with Bachelors of dental hygiene with pre dental program?

Members don't see this ad.

The only things you *need* academically are the prerequisite courses, and most often a degree (major doesn’t matter). As long as you complete all of the required coursework and your degree, you’re good to go.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it possible to get accepted in Dental school with Bachelors of dental hygiene with pre dental program?

If your DAT and GPA are good, doesn't really matter what your degree is in. My college degree was in Biology and Theology with a minor in chemistry. Be prepared for interviewers to ask you why you want to be a dentist after getting a degree in hygiene though

Reactions: 1 user
You can have a degree in underwater basket weaving with a minor in toilet cleaning and it would be fine as long as you have the prerequisites finished.

In hindsight I would have majored in something other than my useless biology degree, heck even toilet cleaning would have been a better degree.

Reactions: 1 users