dental hygienist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was wondering if anyone knew the possibility of an International Dental Hygienist getting licensed in the U.S. I see that dentists have a chance to be a dental hygienist, but anyone know of a foreign trained dental hygienist wanting to do the same? I have a Bachelors from New Zealand, but a Masters in dental hygiene from the US! What states would I look at? Is it possible? Thanks!!!!!:xf:

Hi. you can try checking this site for more info --> http://www.dentalboards.org/

Members don't see this ad.

hello, how is the demand for hygienist in florida? is it easy to find a job there after you pursue the license? what is the average salary for a hygienist in florida? which cities are better for making a living?
will this experience boost up my application more for the advance placement program or my dental clinical experience in oversea will boost up my application more? thanks a lot for your help.

Hi I am new to SDN and I can not figure it out how to post a thread on the dental forum. Please advise me.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I m new to SDN and I want to post a new thread but I cant figure out how to do it.Can you please help.

Thank you

there is a new thread buttom on the left hand side right about the thread forum..

I've got a semester or two left (depending on whether I'll be applying to 2 year or 4 year schools) of pre req's and I was wondering for those that finished fairly recently and are in the work force now.

For those that have gone through the program and have been certified, how easy was it for you to find jobs? Would you suggest a 4 year degree + certification or will just a 2 year certification do to get hired? I'm debating on applying to all the 2 year institutions with the only 3 4-year universities. Any feedback is much appreciated.

hello
I have a big doubt.. Am a dentist from india, looking out for options apart from nbde, is dental hygiene program useful?
If we do a course on dental hygiene from a college from one state in us &accredited from ada, will the course useful for taking licensing exams in other states or only of value in only that particular state?
plz kindly help
thanks in advance

Hi I am a international dental graduate from Pakistan and like to be dental hyginest in Colorado state I know have to study for the written part but How to prepare for clinical part?i am out of touch from dentistry since 2003(because got married and got 2 kids)Clinical part is stoping me to prepare for this test...is anyone facing same situation like I do..?n fee is obviously quite high of clinical part that I just don't wana try only.i wana pass....need help plz!