Dental Implants anyone????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental CR

Dr. Dental CR
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody! I hope you are all doing fine! Does anyone Know about a good dental implant course in which you can place dental implants not only in the plastic mandibles but in a real patient? and get the instruction on the posterior rehabilitation? Thanks a lot bye

Members don't see this ad.

You can take the course by Misch in Michigan. His office is in Birmingham/Southfield Michigan. You will pay a lot but actually get to place.

Thank you very much BobbyBigSteps, I will look it up and see it. thanks alot!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
A dental implant is a titanium "root" used in dentistry to support restorations that resemble a tooth or group of teeth to replace missing teeth.
Virtually all dental implants placed today are root-form endosseous implants, i.e., they appear similar to an actual tooth root (and thus possess a "root-form") and are placed within the bone (end- being the Greek prefix for "in" and osseous referring to "bone"). The bone of the jaw accepts and osseointegrates with the titanium post. The osseointegration is the component of this implant procedure that makes it resemble the look and feel of a natural tooth.

why are you posting this in several threadS?

Hi Everybody! I hope you are all doing fine! Does anyone Know about a good dental implant course in which you can place dental implants not only in the plastic mandibles but in a real patient? and get the instruction on the posterior rehabilitation? Thanks a lot bye

you can check out Misch implant institute, I've took the surgical program and it is very comprehensive unlike other CE out there. Its pretty expensive though but worth it! and you also have the opportunity to plan cases with the faculty at the institute and if you have a case that needs to be supervised you can do the surgery in Temple

you can check out Misch implant institute, I've took the surgical program and it is very comprehensive unlike other CE out there. Its pretty expensive though but worth it! and you also have the opportunity to plan cases with the faculty at the institute and if you have a case that needs to be supervised you can do the surgery in Temple

do you feel confident to do your own implant cases after just taking the course at misch?

do you feel confident to do your own implant cases after just taking the course at misch?

Not every implant is the same. If you can drop a class 2 box you can drop an implant for a missing #21. It's when you start to deal with anterior cases, grafting, or more complex treatment plans (eg: all-on-fours) that the additional training/practice starts to matter. Misch is well-known, but certainly not the only one out there.

well yes and no, i can definitely identify which cases that are more or less straight forward and which cases are not. I think this is important at an early learning curve. If you dont feel confident you can take your patient to a session at temple and have the faculty from the institute supervise you :)

well yes and no, i can definitely identify which cases that are more or less straight forward and which cases are not. I think this is important at an early learning curve. If you dont feel confident you can take your patient to a session at temple and have the faculty from the institute supervise you :)

What was the order of courses you took?

Google Implant Marathon....Hands on course in the Dominican Republic....Attended in Feb of 2011..best money I have spent on CE....placed 30 implants.