1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

dental labs or dental clinics

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by JRMDR, Nov 16, 2001.

1. JRMDR

JRMDR Member

Hey guys,
    I just had a quick question, what exactly is a dental lab and is a dental clinic a dentist office? thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Pebbs

Pebbs Member

A dental lab is where they do all the crowns, dentures,... basically all the behind the scenes stuff.

As for a dental clinic, I suppose it could be a regular dental office. But when I mentioned that I volunteered at a clinic in my last post, I meant a community clinic which offers free services for those who qualify. There's most likely one in your area.

4. smilebright

smilebright Member

i know pebs already stated this but the lab processes your dental work. using a lab is a cost effective way of running a practice you pay them to cast your crowns and process your dentures. the that you would have spent doing it yourself can be spent seeing more patients.
    a dental clinic is similar to a medical clinic. it generally refers to several dentist seeing patients in one facility as oppose to ans office that has one dentist.

5. JRMDR

JRMDR Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate you taking time to answer my questions, usually being on this website is my only team to only relax and get some of my questions answered so again, thanks!
    Raj