KOM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Don't keep them all for yourself...share. I can't call this one my own, but it's one of my favorites nonetheless.

CME4DK

alternatively,

B4DKCME

About the Ads

t man

Epoxi-Lips
10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
i thought you were talking about those plates with DDS or MD or EMT written on them.

is there a reason for DDS to be written on your plate? does it have to do with insurance? is it sort of like having a PBA card or badge? is it just to show off that you're a dentist as though other people should care?

flajeepgal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2004
Florida
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
UFDMD
Parents presented it to me when I was accepted, they also ordered another one with my initials.

rambo2006

Be a DDS or die trying
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2005
The great state of a epiphany
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
If I'm the average joe and I got into a fender-bender with a perosn who had "DDS" on their plates......ya know....my neck doesnt feel right...I'll see u in court.:scared: :scared: :scared:

I dunno, I wouldnt do it.

Reactions: 1 users

Lidopaine82

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Don't keep them all for yourself...share. I can't call this one my own, but it's one of my favorites nonetheless.

CME4DK

alternatively,

B4DKCME

i give up. what does that mean?

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

eleminopee

I've got 2 infractions!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
If I'm the average joe and I got into a fender-bender with a perosn who had "DDS" on their plates......ya know....my neck doesnt feel right...I'll see u in court.:scared: :scared: :scared:

How about this:

i'm a dentist so if you sue me i'll have the money to pay you for that scratch you got when we crashed. :thumbup:

Cymbidium

Awesome.
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
i thought you were talking about those plates with DDS or MD or EMT written on them.

is there a reason for DDS to be written on your plate? does it have to do with insurance? is it sort of like having a PBA card or badge? is it just to show off that you're a dentist as though other people should care?

It's for when you hit someone with your car, they know you make loads of money so they can sue you with confidence!

dddsmack

my baby and I
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
Heber City Native
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
2THAKR
2THAKR1
2THAKR2.....

for your kids that are a pain.

(Toothacher)

I know it is less than cool but I have seen them in my neighborhood. ;)

bvf

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
SUNR DDS

OU Sooners BABY!!

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
Shuffled off....
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Don't forget the HUGE ticket you'll get whenever you're pulled over for anything. Since most states don't let you put titles on your license (and you shouldn't anyway), if they find out they'll probably screw you ;)

not that I don't have the back of my car FILLED with every science and music bumper sticker there is. I'll save you the horror. ;)

About the Ads

pre-dentalguy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2006
GA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental

Corolla, we've talked on many occasions and I've got to say once again, you're website rocks! You've got tons of good information for predents. Keep up the good work.

Try to keep the viewers updated on your website as much as possible. In other words, keep updating the information!! Your site will be huge in a year or so!

PDG

1992Corolla

CheerioKing
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i will pm you.

thanks for the huge compliments though and I hope it helps!

ice4804

Let the fun begin...
10+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student

This is exactly what I was thinking as I opened this thread...it's just asking for trouble. :rolleyes:

cybermech

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2006
Honolulu, HI
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
24.jpg

About the Ads

DocKnock

Retired-2-Rest-4-Life
10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2006
OR
goldfinger.MyWorldResults.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Interesting... I am thinking of another soon, for a fifth SUV in another country where I holiday twice yearly for abt 3,5 months in all.

MY1 - GAP and 1TO - 0TH

Any thoughts on this configuration? Each registration plate would cost just USD15K in one country while another (which I am also planning to switch my current 6-series '90 Beamy) charges USD35K. :D

CME4DK

alternatively,

B4DKCME

KOM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
what country? I guess between all your luxurious holidays you like to hang out on a pre-dental network forum too...

cbc32

ChipperDipper
10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
While I was in Laguna Beach I saw a sweet mercedes all decked out to the T with the plates SC Dent. That guy must be making loads of money.

Fuji

10+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
While I was in Laguna Beach I saw a sweet mercedes all decked out to the T with the plates SC Dent.

If you drive certain types of cars then you may as well tell the world what your profession is - it's already obvious that you spend big bills.

GoBlueJays

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I am reviving this thread because I was at the store picking up:

Axe body spray
Red Bull
Whey Protein
and
Jager (for Jager Bombs)

and I saw a vanity plate "FIX JAWS"; I paused momentarily and thought....."What a gigantic D-bag".

Next thing he/she will have their kids calling them "Doctor". I could be wrong but job related vanity plates are for choads.

Regards,

GoBlueJays

PandaXpress

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
smyl4me
openwyd
DBSTDMD
DrllUup
WhtsDat
Luvteth
tuthlvr
imadctr (lol you will get crashed into on purpose)
IMdntst
cavites
h8sugar
HNRYDMD

NyCzPeter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Hey do we get perks for having the plates with DDS on the side? I think having a MD plate lets you park anywhere near a hospital

winchetkidJR

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2008
Status (Visible)
This one was my favorite.

FARTKNG

meaning he is the king of farting

and then.

SMLEFART

meaning he smiles when he farts

A

aguacero

This one was my favorite.

FARTKNG

meaning he is the king of farting

and then.

SMLEFART

meaning he smiles when he farts
Thread title : Dental License Plates.....Not:I am a pre-pubescent 12 year old that hacked onto my older brothers SDN account.

NYSWC1

Feb 18, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental

The reason dates back to the early 1980s. Doctors, for a while, had "MD" designations on their license plates from the New York State DMV. This was done for parking purposes at area hospitals - there were designated spots for Medical Doctors at the hospitals, and the MD license plates would allow them to park there. Because many hospitals had on-staff and on-call oral surgeons for oral and dental emergencies, such doctors also required special parking requirements -- hence, DDS was created (Doctor of Dental Surgery).

JLT223

DMD
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
The reason dates back to the early 1980s. Doctors, for a while, had "MD" designations on their license plates from the New York State DMV. This was done for parking purposes at area hospitals - there were designated spots for Medical Doctors at the hospitals, and the MD license plates would allow them to park there. Because many hospitals had on-staff and on-call oral surgeons for oral and dental emergencies, such doctors also required special parking requirements -- hence, DDS was created (Doctor of Dental Surgery).
Thread is 6 years old.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.