Dental license without taking a board exam (just doing ortho residency)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umc27

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Are there any states that will grant you a dental license without taking a board exam (NERB, WREB, etc)... if you've done a residency in orthodontics? Please let me know. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone. Are there any states that will grant you a dental license without taking a board exam (NERB, WREB, etc)... if you've done a residency in orthodontics? Please let me know. Thanks!

For the most part no. Some states will grant a limited license for teaching at an accredited dental school. but all states require soke sort of board exam. When i was in school one of the orthodontic instructors was stuck in a teachingosition until he finally passed wrebs

For the most part no. Some states will grant a limited license for teaching at an accredited dental school. but all states require soke sort of board exam. When i was in school one of the orthodontic instructors was stuck in a teachingosition until he finally passed wrebs

Yep, at Marquette to. We had an a endodontist from latvia that had to pass crdts.

Yep, at Marquette to. We had an a endodontist from latvia that had to pass crdts.

LLOL thats what i was referring to. Marquette... lolsmall world it was ten years ago. The lativia endo guy does he have a strong accent sort of like a robot? He was endo back when I went to school.