Dental public health vs MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drjm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone
i wanted honest opinions about the feasability of doing an dental public health over a plain MPH with a job consideration..i am a dentist having a degree from an accredited school from Indiaand wanted to go in for an MPH as an intermediate step before giving my national board exams.Since i plan to pursue DDS after this,would a degree of dental public health from University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey (UMDNJ) increase my job prospects or would i be narrowing down my options too soon?Especially if I am not able to go in for a DDS after this..

Are there any other colleges also where I`m not too late for appplying for Dental public Health for Fall 2009??

Members don't see this ad.

hey..this is strange..65 views and no posts..any info would be valuable guys..

Hello everyone,I`m an internationally trained dentist in a major fix.I am very confused between these two programs (UMDNJ dental public health vs BU mph) and i dont know which one to go in for??
Does anyone know the pros and cons of each??

Also,ive heard that the dental public health program of UMDNJ is not accredited..is that true??can somebody please help me out and help me come to a quick decision??

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm originally from NJ, so I know a little about UMDNJ. It is an accredited school of public health http://www.ceph.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3344. I know nothing about their dental public health program, however.

Just out of curiosiy - what are your professional goals w/in the realm of dental public health? It's not a very popular concentration, which is probably why you've received no replys.

Also, just so you know, the UMDNJ campuses are kind of terrible. Piscataway is a hole in NJ, and Newark is not exactly a safe haven. Boston is a much better decision in terms of quality of life and future job prospects. But again, you should clearly define what your goals are in public health - dental only, or more wide-reaching - and this should help solidfy your decision.