Dental Research topics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biggezzz

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I think I might be interested in specializing and have been told that I need to do research in order to have a better chance of acceptance into a residency program. Do any of you guys have any ideas for research topics or know any websites with any ideas?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Please, please don't make the research mistake that I made! Choose a topic that you actually have some interest in, it will really help out alot. My topic involved fatigue testing of different types of metals used in cast partial denture clasps. Basically I sat in a room and watched a machine flex the clasp back and forth with different levels of force until it broke. We're talking that watching grass grow is a similair excitement level :eek:

The only good thing about this is that the data gave me a decent abstract that was accepted by the American Association of Dental Research and I got to goto San Antonio for a weekend to do a poster presentation. This is where I learned that I'm glad that I didn't have something like the river walk in San Antonio near my dental school or else it may have taken a little longer to graduate :D

Find a topic you like, it will help alot!