Dental school 4 years from the beginning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cacal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if foreign dentist can start the dental school without having the undergraduation here in USA?without SAT and everynthing else, having just the diploma???Please, let me know,if anyone knows.

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know, If you want to go to 4 years dental school, I am pretty sure you will have to take the DAT. Without any exams and just the diploma, I doubt if any schools would accept.

Does anyone know if foreign dentist can start the dental school without having the undergraduation here in USA?without SAT and everynthing else, having just the diploma???Please, let me know,if anyone knows.

Hi,
I am laso interested to go through this pathway as i want to get admission in one dental school which is near to my home and i want to keep in touch with my kids also,the school in which i am interested is not giving any information or might have not get through my kind of case may be,i asked them about pre-requisity course ,so undergraduate credits if they can accept and i do not have to go through mathmatics,organic chemistry etc as i already did it in my home country,but still no answer,
if somebody knows about this it would be great help
for this you have to do DAT,TOEFL and donot know any undergraduate course???????????????

thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I am laso interested to go through this pathway as i want to get admission in one dental school which is near to my home and i want to keep in touch with my kids also,the school in which i am interested is not giving any information or might have not get through my kind of case may be,i asked them about pre-requisity course ,so undergraduate credits if they can accept and i do not have to go through mathmatics,organic chemistry etc as i already did it in my home country,but still no answer,
if somebody knows about this it would be great help
for this you have to do DAT,TOEFL and donot know any undergraduate course???????????????

thanks

I know some schools require the undergraduate courses have to be taken here in USA.For me does not make sense go through this process again (undergraduation). If you find out somethng different, please let me know.
good luck

No you dont have to do undergraduation. You just have to have all the prerequisites that are required for 4 year dental school. I guess you only have to take chemistry classes ( organic and inorganic). talk to a student advisor in school and they will guide you. My friend just took 2 chemistry classes .

hello,
Could you tell me in which state, because at least in Texas I know that you have to go through everything.