dental school accept only nbde 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahmed eryo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello guys
i just passed the nbde 1
i have couple of qs
1_which dental school accept only part 1
2_what the diff between dmd and dds
thanks in advance
wosh you the best

Members don't see this ad.

DDS and DMD are same programs but different names.
Its really tough to get admission with Part 1. Better to prepare and get part 2 out of the way.
Regarding schools. You can always check the CAAPID directory for individual school requirement. It should be available in ADEA CAAPID website. Google it.

Good luck.

hello guys
i just passed the nbde 1
i have couple of qs
1_which dental school accept only part 1
2_what the diff between dmd and dds
thanks in advance
wosh you the best

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I personally feel getting OMFS as an international dentist is extremely tough. OMFS, Ortho, Endo and Perio (a bit) are really tough to get in even for domestic dentist. Being a FTD, limited to only observership or assisting really restricts the paradigm as apposed to domestic dentist who have full exposure to practice in US.
Also there are no dedicated seats for FTD in either of the residencies so the bottom line is you are competing with professionals who have full exposure to the field in school and in their practice, makes it extremely difficult to compete.

thanx again
i am my self an omfs resident in my country
and i am graduated from 10 years
does that have any means in my chances of being accepted in any residency

Admission into Advanced Standing Program is a lot easier (also difficult but just in comparison) to gain as compared to these residency program but not impossible. I never mentioned not to try. Just iterated that its tough gaining admission into these residency programs but again more difficult the task bigger are the prospects (better job prospects, a lot more pay etc. etc.). Its a very personal choice you will need to make as both require phenomenal endevours.
Again its what I think no hard and fast rule here.