Dental school and Color Blindness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mjrosal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I was just curious if anyone in dental school currently has Red Green color blindness and if it is causing a huge problem.

very grateful for any and all replies!
:)

Members don't see this ad.

I have some form of red green colorblindness. I think it is a mild form but I have not noticed any problems so far. I would not worry about it you'll be fine.

I have some form of red green colorblindness. I think it is a mild form but I have not noticed any problems so far. I would not worry about it you'll be fine.

awesome!!!
thank you so much for the reply:)

Members don't see this ad :)
i have red green color blindness and so far its not been too bad. be sure to tell your histology teacher first thing just incase you end up having problems but im making it just find

My friend is colorblind and has had some problems with the histo slides. Otherwise I think he's been doing just fine.

Yeah I did notice a few problem in histo but nothing that can't be overcome.

good question man. i have mild red-green blindness and i've been wondering about this as well. good to know that other students aren't really having any problems.