Dental School and Social Media

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MolarBear98

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Quick question: I have seen threads on this topic from awhile back, but I was curious how closely dental schools look at social media/digital footprints?

I don’t have anything negative on my social media/no criminal record, but I am just curious lol.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

Quick question: I have seen threads on this topic from awhile back, but I was curious how closely dental schools look at social media/digital footprints?

I don’t have anything negative on my social media/no criminal record, but I am just curious lol.

Thank you!
they don't watch closely, if at all
but the rule of thumb is to lock down your accounts as much as you can
and if you choose to leave them public, do not post anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to see

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone!

Thank you!
Can't speak to individual schools, but my school personally harps on the "professional" part of professional school. Which is actually a really good point for me and my generation (we try to remove consequences of our actions/choices instead of accepting them).

I'm married, kids, and never really been into the party scene ever, but it was still a good reminder that if it's not my school, it's my potential employer or patients later down the road who will look me up and try to see what I do/did.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on who reviews your file. I think younger reviewers may peek. I don’t think it’s protocol though.

I was an interviewer a couple weeks ago for an internship program alongside a couple other campus wide faculty on happen to be on admissions for med school and dental school. During breaks they just peeked at some interviewers Facebook

I doubt they would regularly go out of their way to check stuff like that.

Reactions: 1 user
Use common sense. Post pictures of you and your dog. Don't post videos of you doing 2 lines of coke and urinating on a cop car.

Let’s not overthink this! I don’t think they have the time to go check pre dents social media and even if they had the time, I don’t think they would do it. I hope at least!

Why risk it? Just keep it appropriate or as private as possible or both