This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDentist97

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dental school chances with my stats? Thank you in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You know you have a shot. As far as other schools are concerned apply smartly to schools that won’t put you 500k in debt.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You have a 3.95 GPA and a good DAT. Not really sure what puts doubt in your mind based on the info you provided. Especially since most chance me people have sub 3.5 GPA and lower dat

I don't mean to be blunt (just realistic), but while your GPA is high, your DAT is average for those that matriculate into dental school (I think the actual number is AA = 20.4 or so). This can possibly raise some concerns about grade inflation at your university, due to the fact that the DAT is an equalizer.
Schools like UCs, Ivy Leagues, & other state schools might be harder to get into with your stats, but this isn't to say you have no chance- you do as long as your ECs, PS, and LORs are in order and the best quality they can be.
For school lists, I'd look at the spreadsheet in this thread: Dental School Statistics
To start, find schools that match your AA, but also are OOS friendly, and add them to your list. Private schools are slightly less difficult to get into than state schools (there are exceptions though), but with them often comes a hefty price tag.
Best of luck and be sure to apply in June! :) Let me know if you have any questions!

Reactions: 1 users
I don't mean to be blunt (just realistic), but while your GPA is high, your DAT is average for those that matriculate into dental school (I think the actual number is AA = 20.4 or so). This can possibly raise some concerns about grade inflation at your university, due to the fact that the DAT is an equalizer.
Schools like UCs, Ivy Leagues, & other state schools might be harder to get into with your stats, but this isn't to say you have no chance- you do as long as your ECs, PS, and LORs are in order and the best quality they can be.
For school lists, I'd look at the spreadsheet in this thread: Dental School Statistics
To start, find schools that match your AA, but also are OOS friendly, and add them to your list. Private schools are slightly less difficult to get into than state schools (there are exceptions though), but with them often comes a hefty price tag.
Best of luck and be sure to apply in June! :) Let me know if you have any questions!
Thank you so much for being blunt! I love it when people express what they think. I'll definitely look at these statistics to decide where I apply. Thank you for your help :)

Thank you so much for being blunt! I love it when people express what they think. I'll definitely look at these statistics to decide where I apply. Thank you for your help :)
You're very welcome! Hope it helped and do let me know if you have any questions about applying :) Good luck!