Dental School Help?? Temple (OOS), NYU, Creighton, or LECOM??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have spent the week researching and figuring the school I would like to go to. I eventually settled on Temple and am currently about to put down my deposit.

I found that NYU is way overpriced, so I easily eliminated that. IMO no school is worth over 500k of debt. From my knowledge, Creighton had beautiful facilities and a whole new dental building. Their tuition is also 40kish cheaper. However, coming from the east coast an hr away from NYC, I found it impossible to imagine myself living in the midwest in Nebraska. Lastly, LECOM is a newer school with issues with recognition and clinic requirements.

I prefer to stay local close to friends and family for the next 4 years, so I found Temple perfect being only an hr away. The pros there would have to be the abundant/diverse patient pool, the urban environment, and how clinically strong of an education they provide. My only issue is that I heard about Temple having a lot of administration issues and how much of a pain it is not having a dedicated patient coordinator.

Are there any Temple students here that could help shed some light on this? Also if there are any other students from these schools, I would love to hear your feedback.

I apologize if this post seems very redundant but being that Temple's deposit is 2000 and it being the next 4 years of my life, I want to make sure I make the right decision. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, please don't be afraid to critique the hell out of this post.

Members don't see this ad.