dental school look at highschool grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

americanpierg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard that UPENN's secondary application asked for highschool grades...is this correct? Do most school look at your highschool grades or is that just upenn...because if this is correct i am screwed. I stopped trying my soph year in highschool because becuase i went to the highly acclaimed school i did, i was bascially guareenteed into my first choice college, so i ended my highschool years with a ~2.5 gpa by bascially being a bum.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe UPenn is the only school that I applied to that has asked for my high school GPA and SAT scores. Don't worry! Most schools don't ask for this!

harvard wants to see those high school grades too... what they do with them i do not know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Buffalo made me send them my highschool transcript

BigRedDentist said:
Buffalo made me send them my highschool transcript

Man I applied to 15 schools and not one asked me.

americanpierg said:
I've heard that UPENN's secondary application asked for highschool grades...is this correct? Do most school look at your highschool grades or is that just upenn...because if this is correct i am screwed. I stopped trying my soph year in highschool because becuase i went to the highly acclaimed school i did, i was bascially guareenteed into my first choice college, so i ended my highschool years with a ~2.5 gpa by bascially being a bum.

Buffalo asked me for my HS transcript with the secondary fee. I didn't go to HS in this coutry so I didn't bother sending transcript or the secondary fee. I think there are about 5 schools that will ask you for it.

UCLA asks for them too. Don't feel bad, I graduated HS with a 2.0. Well... they warned me that my "official record" would come back to haunt me.

americanpierg said:

hmm....are you guys sure? I sent in my upenn supp and it only ask for act or sat score, and they tell to guesstimate if you don't have the scores anymore...

brainfreeze said:
UCLA asks for them too. Don't feel bad, I graduated HS with a 2.0. Well... they warned me that my "official record" would come back to haunt me.

That stinks!

HS was a joke!

I sent my official high school transcript to Harvard too. Thinking back, I shouldn't have sent it because it wasn't very impressive although I don't think that contributed to my being waitlisted...

elinz said:
hmm....are you guys sure? I sent in my upenn supp and it only ask for act or sat score, and they tell to guesstimate if you don't have the scores anymore...

Same here; I don't remember us having to actually list our H.S. GPA, and they didn't ask for a transcript. Harvard and Buffalo did, though.

I imagine they're just curious about other standardized tests we took....

Though maybe they'd appreciate it if someone "accidentally" wrote "24" and "26". It shows that the applicant is completely obsessed with apply to dental schools :D

For UCLA, you dont have a place to put your HS GPA on their application. They just request you to send your official HS transcript. Without it your file will be incomplete.

i wonder if residency programs will ask for HS grades as well?

what if you had a good gpa and crappy sat score in high school but excelled in college and got above 20's on the DAT. will dental schools see your high school record in a negative way?

korndoctor said:
what if you had a good gpa and crappy sat score in high school but excelled in college and got above 20's on the DAT. will dental schools see your high school record in a negative way?

no body cares about your SAT scores. They are not requested, at least at the schools I applied to. Only a few schools want the HS grades, but not SAT scores.

check to see if the schools you want to apply to require HS grades, because most don't. Unless you send them your SAT scores or for some reason bring it up in your essay or interview, the schools will not know it (or ask for it)

Good luck