Dental School Questions - Retakes and Plus Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorSwoleMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am sorry as I am sure this has been answered on here in the past but I couldn't find any information when searching through threads. My girlfriend is applying to dental school this coming year and we are trying to come up with a good strategy as far as location for the both of us. I have two questions that I am sure somebody can help answer:

1. I hear that many dental schools average an initial course and a retake together. I have also heard that some dental schools replace the initial grade with a retake like DO schools do. Does anybody have a list of dental schools that count only the most recent grade?

2. Do dental school count plus grades? If not all do, does anybody have a list of dental schools that count plus grades? If schools do take plus grades, does a B+ count as a 3.5, 3.3, etc.?

Again, I am sorry as I am sure these questions have been answered before but thank you for helping us out with any information you have. God bless!

Members don't see this ad.

AADSAS I believe calculates their GPA via -'s and +'s; TMDSAS does not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your replies! I am a pre-medical student so I'm not familiar with all of the different services and avenues for dental school haha.

Do any of you know if there are certain dental schools that count only the most recent retaken grade? If so, do you know which ones do?