dental school rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

porland

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know websites where I should go to look for dental school rankings? I went to usnews.com, all I found was "med school rankings, but I couldn't find link to "dental school rankings"

Members don't see this ad.

porland said:
Does anyone know websites where I should go to look for dental school rankings? I went to usnews.com, all I found was "med school rankings, but I couldn't find link to "dental school rankings"

Do a search on this site. There are no longer any official rankings for dental schools. They stopped ranking dental schools in 1994. Pretty much any dental school you decide to go to is good enough according to the ADA.

Not this can of worms again... Yes, there are no rankings for dental schools, hence the fruitless searches. Go to a dental school that matches your pricepoint, definition of a community, opportunities for research (if you are into that), and so on. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
You must be new, welcome to the site. Unfortunetly, there are no dental school rankings, and there have not been forabout 10 years:-(

I would suggest going to adea.org and on the left hand side you'll see a link for all the d-schools. Click and then visit each school's website to learn more about their program. Good luck!

Harvard is the best, hardest to get into as well.

EyeAmCommi said:
Here is a good site with collections of the old rankings from 94 and 92. I don't agree with any of the ranks but here they are anyway...enjoy!

http://members.tripod.com/~softballteam/best.html

OK, there's something weird about the US News rankings on this link. Top 12 schools, and I don't think any of them are private. Was this a ranking of public schools only? Because I can't believe one private school wouldn't make it in the top12. OK, forget about the Ivy League schools altogether, what about Tufts? It's awesome clinical and a leader in the field.

ok clsoe this thread, i can tell it is about to get out of hand again

Since this topic comes up so often cant we just make it a sticky thread?

porland said:
I have to ask...rankings based on what criteria? All schools flaunt what they are best at but hide the other statistics. For example, Columbia is known for high board scores...but 2 of the 4 grads I know somehow graduated without ever even making a denture.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sprgrover said:
Harvard, Columbia, Penn, Tufts, and NYU are all private schools. ;)

Hey man, thanks for the info. :rolleyes: But um, I already knew that.

I'll repeat again what I just said. Does anybody else think it's weird that there's only public schools on that US News top 12 list? I'm not saying anything about what schools should be there - I'm just making a comment about those very different two lists.

delicious said:
Hey man, thanks for the info. :rolleyes: But um, I already knew that.

I'll repeat again what I just said. Does anybody else think it's weird that there's only public schools on that US News top 12 list? I'm not saying anything about what schools should be there - I'm just making a comment about those very different two lists.

Yea it is but maybe at the time cost was a factor that contributed to the rankings. Correct me if I'm wrong but...aren't all public schools much cheaper for in-staters whereas private schools just cost a lot in general? So maybe cost was like 30%!!! of the US News criteria :p . But anyway, I don't know if anyone has ever found these rankings by searching through Google so I thought I'd post to see your reactions hehe.

delicious said:
Hey man, thanks for the info. :rolleyes: But um, I already knew that...

My bad, I was looking at the Gourman list. Perhaps U.S. News took into account federal/state funding in their assesment, total cost of attendance, etc.

I feel extremely gassy. I'm not sure it's because of the stupid sh't head that started this thread or something else.

I just remembered that I had a hamburger for lunch today and they put mayo on it, again.

EyeAmCommi said:
Yea it is but maybe at the time cost was a factor that contributed to the rankings. Correct me if I'm wrong but...aren't all public schools much cheaper for in-staters whereas private schools just cost a lot in general? So maybe cost was like 30%!!! of the US News criteria :p . But anyway, I don't know if anyone has ever found these rankings by searching through Google so I thought I'd post to see your reactions hehe.

Yeah, you and sprgrover are probably correct. Hadn't thought about the tuition gap there.

I guess I'm a superficial scum-bag pikeyman, because I am somewhat interested in these rankings. True, you'll get a good education at any of the accredited schools, but I am interested in certain USNEWS ranking categories that access things like: research funding, reputation of faculty, matching into good specialty programs, and other things. But I guess I may have career interests that aren't the norm. :luck:

786mine said:
ranking done ten years ago, is totally pointless. much to speak of two year's difference!!
No matter how much we deny it, history repeats itself!!!

1 year can make a difference. laters

ItsGavinC said:
LOL. History and rankings are NOT the same.

thanks. i thought it was funny how he/she phrased it!

LOL