Dental School Selection Criteria

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello,

How should I decide on which schools to apply to? Location? Curriculum?

I will be taking an HSPS so money will not factor in. I live in NJ, but I'm not sure if my family will still be here in 8 years after I get out.

Any advice looking back on your choise?

Members don't see this ad.

Ask the students if they are happy...
I would have learned alot more if I had been at a school that I did not hate 90% of the time.
Your friends and family will thank you.

There are a few schools that you should not attend- you need to learn the basics- but other than that- happiness would have been my top criteria looking back.

Hello,

How should I decide on which schools to apply to? Location? Curriculum?

I will be taking an HSPS so money will not factor in. I live in NJ, but I'm not sure if my family will still be here in 8 years after I get out.

Any advice looking back on your choise?
Cost.
I was much more happier knowing the school I choose wasn't the most expensive.

Ask the students if they are happy...
I would have learned alot more if I had been at a school that I did not hate 90% of the time.
Your friends and family will thank you.

There are a few schools that you should not attend- you need to learn the basics- but other than that- happiness would have been my top criteria looking back.

Don't ask them at the interview because of course they will say yes... take down their email or phone # and contact them later, they will be much more likely to tell you the truth, and don't worry, they have absolutely no say as to whether or not you get accepted.