Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dgmarius

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I'm trying to find a U.S. Dental School for a transfere. I'm in the 6th year (the last one)of studies in Romania, Europe. Does any one of you know a person who did this? I don't have enough time to graduate cause I must be in Atlanta, GA till May...
Your answer will be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe international dental students can only transfer into the 3rd year at most for advanced standing in a US dental school. I could be wrong, so the best thing to do is call up a few schools you're interested in and talk to the admissions people.

Good luck.

New York University College of Dentistry has a program for advanced standing foreign students. You can learn more about the program at www.nyu.edu/dental.

Tim W. of N.Y.C.

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU has long had a program for GRADUATES of foreign dental schools wishing to get licensed. In your case, since you indicate you will not be earning the degree in Rumania, you had better call and ask. I don't have a phone # or address.
If they accept transfers at all, it is likely only to be into the third year class as Turtleboard suggested.

As dds2b suggested. My short term memory is faulty!

NOVA accepts a large # of foreign trained dentists, but if you do not have a degree, I don't think you would be classified as foreign trained. E-mail the school.

IRINA

I've already mailed some universities, but the answer was the same: we do not accept international transferes.
I will contact the NYU. Thank you!

Hi again,
I've e-mailed NYU and some other schools too, but only negative answers. There is a small chance at NYU, but only in special cases, and a comission take the final decision. I'm a little scared, cause I have to freeze my school year here in Romania and don't see any future for me in USA...
Please, if any of you could ask someone in your school about my problem, it will mean very much for me...I think that maybe there is still a small chance for me...Thanks!

------------------