Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

dental school

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by zhalld, Nov 14, 2000.

1. zhalld

zhalld New Member

I am 35 years old and would like to change my profession to denstistry. I understand how unusual and difficult this would be seeing that even before worrying about dental school, I would need the required prerequistes (chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, etc.) I do have a B.S. degree in Business Management. My father, uncle and cousin are dentists but even though my uncle and cousin seem to think it's possible but my father thinks it's a waste of time. I could use some advice. Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. chocobo

chocobo Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

There seems to be a good number of people over the age of 30 who enroll in dental school. If you think it's worth your time and money to become a dentist, go for it. I guess it would depend on why you want to become a dentist.

4. indamouth

indamouth Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Life is not a race. To have relatives not support your dreams seems a little sad. You should go for it! Think of what your experience can bring to the table compared to the typical student who hasn't been out there. Who stands a higher risk of burning out? Someone who lucidly knows what they want to do because they can compare it to other work experiences, or someone who wants to go into dentistry because its their junior year of college and they don't know what's next!