dental schools in europe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brie07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering has anyone gone to a dental school in europe bc they haven't been able to get into one in the states? Or if u haven't gone to one, what you know about them, if the US dat score is accepted , etc. PM me with any special comments if you want, bc i've very interested.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So the US doesn't actually accept dentists trained at universities outside of the US or PR. To attest to this, call *any* of the dentists in the phone book and see where they did their dental school.
I have a few friends with parents who are dentists--they all repeated dental school in the US and this is back in the 70s. I don't think they've changed the rules. Especially if you consider that in that era physicians from anywhere were allowed to come in a practice with very few obstacles.

Good luck. If dental school isn't workin, try dental hygienist.

Hi,
I am a dentist from France, stocked in US because I can not practice and my diploma is not recognized.
My Advice if you do not have a good score for your DAT, redo it and try again an American or Canadian dental school:)

Just know if you are willing to study in europe that you are going to live and work there. Coming back to the US you will have to go through advance standing which requires the nbde exams 1 and 2 before you are accepted into the program. this is very competitive. gdluck