Dental schools know where you apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yenta225

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine told me that that dental schools will know where else you are applying and will ask you during an interview why this school is your first choice compared to the others you are looking at . Pretty intense huh? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Yenta225 said:
A friend of mine told me that that dental schools will know where else you are applying and will ask you during an interview why this school is your first choice compared to the others you are looking at . Pretty intense huh? :scared:
I think you need to find yourself a new friend because this one is full of crap.

Yenta225 said:

they don't know per say in the sense that the box that lists the schools you applied is blanked out, but it's not something to lie on at your own peril.

if you want to avoid the question just answer it vaguely.... "oh around" ... "a little from here, a little from there"...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yenta225 said:

you should be ready to answer this type of question.. they will generally not know where you apply but they might ask you, and if you do you should try to summarize the schools you are applying. and tell them why you are going to their school

At one of my interviews I got killed with that question. I mean literally killed. My interviewer goes, "So, where have you applied?" I tell him three schools and about a second later he says, "Ok. Where else??" I give two more and he says, " You sure there are no others?" I gave him the 2 others and he stopped questioning me as if he knew that those were the only 7 schools that I applied to. I was so freaked out after that and I felt like that was going to be the reason I wasn't going to get accepted. I thought that he would think I'm a liar, but hey I still got in.

I think you should just really be honest and give at least 7/8 of the schools you applied to if you are asked to. BTW, he also asked me at which schools have I interviewed.

They do not know where you have applied for a fact! The box on the pink AADSAS sheet only says the name of the school where it is being sent. However, they can take an educated guess on the number of schools you applied to judging by your stats.

I had an 18/18 and 3.4 GPA so they knew it was at least 7/8. No way in hell did I apply to only 3 like I said orginally.

Dentist 2 be said:
They do not know where you have applied for a fact! The box on the pink AADSAS sheet only says the name of the school where it is being sent.

Right, that box exists only on the applicant's confirmation copy. Schools don't see it.

I discussed this last year with our Admissions Director and she said that although the schools are not listed on the application, several schools exchange lists of students who were granted interviews and admissions.

Late...