• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Dental Schools that emphasize on clinicals?

dentistmang

10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2006
  1. Pre-Dental
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew a list schools that emphasized more on their clinicals rather than research. Being a Los Angeles resident I only know that the University of the Pacific and Loma Linda University has a lot of emphasis on their clinicals. Is there any more schools that emphasize more on the clinicals rather than research? Thanks

polarnut

10+ Year Member
    Nov 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
      dentistmang said:
      Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew a list schools that emphasized more on their clinicals rather than research. Being a Los Angeles resident I only know that the University of the Pacific and Loma Linda University has a lot of emphasis on their clinicals. Is there any more schools that emphasize more on the clinicals rather than research? Thanks

just about most schools "emphasize" and boast about their clinical prowess. just avoid the ones you hear about people saying "horrible clinicals", then you should be fine.

mr_gestapito

10+ Year Member
      Apr 8, 2006
      Royersford, PA
      1. Dental Student
        dentistmang said:
        Hello everyone,

Temple is a clinical school for sure, in fact I'm not sure we even consider ourselves an academic institution.

TeethVader

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        May 24, 2005
        1. Dental Student
          dentistmang said:
          Hello everyone,

hehehe....being a resident of Los Angeles I'm surprised you have not noted that USC is one of the most clinical-oriented schools in California...check us out! It's a sweatshop around Trojan land.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.