Dental schools which integrate medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.dentist.dds

Aspiring dentist
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the dental schools that integrate medical school as the the first two years of the curriculum? I know UConn, Harvard, Penn, and Columbia are in this category. Are there any other ones?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
McGill University does. The first four semesters are a joint curriculum with the medical students.

Reactions: 1 users
can confirm Penn is not, it's curriculum is "okay" for CBSE but not fantastic, Harvard and UConn are best imo; Columbia is really good but problem is they don't take exact same exams as med students for some classes
Do you happen to know which schools give you specific time off to study for the CBSE?

I don't think any specific school provides dedicated time for you to study CBSE, that is on your own. I am doing it currently and I can tell you it is much more difficult than going to a school that is P/F and has medical curriculum. I can update you once I take the exam.

The majority of my classes do not go into extent of what CBSE tests. Trust me med-curricula P/F schools are the best (Harvard/UConn/Columbia) if you want to kill CBSE.

Oh cool! Where do you go to dental school? Also, I haven't been able to find the class profile of UConn dental; do you know their typical AA and GPA?
Thanks!!

So the consensus is that UConn, Harvard, Stony Brook, and Columbia are the only 4 schools in the US which integrate medical curriculum in the first two years of dental school?

Please post if there are any other schools that have a similar curriculum.

Reactions: 1 user