• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Dental schools which integrate medical school

About the Ads

youngsushi

pokemon master
2+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2017
  1. Dental Student
What are the dental schools that integrate medical school as the the first two years of the curriculum? I know UConn, Harvard, Penn, and Columbia are in this category. Are there any other ones?
can confirm Penn is not, it's curriculum is "okay" for CBSE but not fantastic, Harvard and UConn are best imo; Columbia is really good but problem is they don't take exact same exams as med students for some classes

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

youngsushi

pokemon master
2+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2017
  1. Dental Student
Do you happen to know which schools give you specific time off to study for the CBSE?
I don't think any specific school provides dedicated time for you to study CBSE, that is on your own. I am doing it currently and I can tell you it is much more difficult than going to a school that is P/F and has medical curriculum. I can update you once I take the exam.

The majority of my classes do not go into extent of what CBSE tests. Trust me med-curricula P/F schools are the best (Harvard/UConn/Columbia) if you want to kill CBSE.

Upvote 0

Dr.dentist.dds

Aspiring dentist
May 24, 2020
I don't think any specific school provides dedicated time for you to study CBSE, that is on your own. I am doing it currently and I can tell you it is much more difficult than going to a school that is P/F and has medical curriculum. I can update you once I take the exam.

The majority of my classes do not go into extent of what CBSE tests. Trust me med-curricula P/F schools are the best (Harvard/UConn/Columbia) if you want to kill CBSE.

Oh cool! Where do you go to dental school? Also, I haven't been able to find the class profile of UConn dental; do you know their typical AA and GPA?
Thanks!!

Upvote 0

Sforzando

Dec 2, 2019
So the consensus is that UConn, Harvard, Stony Brook, and Columbia are the only 4 schools in the US which integrate medical curriculum in the first two years of dental school?

Please post if there are any other schools that have a similar curriculum.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.