Dental schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thebeyonder

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where is UPEnn? Is it in Philadelphia?
The campus most be beautiful, is it?
Which dental schools take classes with med
students?
Do dental and medical students get along?
I can not wait to apply to dental school!
I hope I get in!
Tim.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Tim,

I see that you are from CT. Since you are, I recommend UConn before UPenn. You will get an excellent education at UConn for a reasonable price. UPenn is overpriced! It is roughly $35,000 tuition or $56,000 with additional cost per year. I'm attending Stony Brook because it is affordable and an excellent school.

Sterichind

U Penn is located in Philadelphia. It is located bit west from downtown.

For as class setting, I think U Penn students take classes with Med students, I maybe wrong, however I know for a fact that at Columbia, you do take classes with Med students.

Do they get along? Well, I ask the same questions to some Columbia students and they replied that you get along. But there are not so nice Med students as well as dental students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

Actually, UPenn is solely dental students. There is no mix of dental and medical students there. Someothers like Upenn include Tufts, BU, NYU, Temple, UMaryland, Uof Buffalo, etc.

Sterichind

Streichind and Henkel,
Do you know one another?
You both are from Bayside, NY.

Rather off topic here.....oh well...

My friend attends the med school at upenn...he constantly makes comments about how attractive the dental ladies are.... :D

Hello again,

I was just wondering the same thing about Henkel. We must be cranking out dentists in Bayside, N.Y. It's a great neighborhood. Wish we had some of those fine dental ladies here.

Sterichind

I sure hope the ladies in dental school will be fine, or it's gonna be a LONG 4 years.

Looks like they should be listing more stats about the student body at those dental schools *lol*

Sterichild,

Thanks for the correction. Yes Bayside is a nice area however I plan to settle elsewhere. I just can't take the stress of driving in NY city.

actually....the school that i went to interview for actually had cuter girls in general than the undergrad that i went to......

needless to say, i was pleasantly suprised... :D

Sorry about the last message, I pressed "enter" and hence was cut off. I just wanted to know how competitive the UC Berkeley undergarduate program is, furthermore, how difficult it is to get into UOP dents. Thanks, Pete.

yeah! haha! :D
among all the schools i went for interviews, i found uMaryland has the cutest girls! ;)

oui! SDOS 40% female! :p

pretty strangely tho(!), my undergrad skool has a very low number of female applicants compare to males! :confused:

Those girls in dental school look cuter to you guys for two reasons. One, you are getting older and thus more realistic. Two, the atmosphere at the dental schools is contaminated with nitrous oxide, methyl ethyl ketone, and trichloroethylene.

Originally posted by Toothdecay:
•Sorry about the last message, I pressed "enter" and hence was cut off. I just wanted to know how competitive the UC Berkeley undergarduate program is, furthermore, how difficult it is to get into UOP dents. Thanks, Pete.•

Hmmm....I dont know if you are talking to me in this post of not...but i will try to answer your question here.

Not sure what you mean by undergraduate program.....maybe you are talking about the bio and pre-dent classes? Anyways, these bio courses arent as bad as most people would think they are. Most of the exams can be aced by rote memory......+/- some conceptual stuff (i think memorizing is easy). As long as you study the material well in advance of the exams (as opposed to 2 days beforehands), you can pretty much secure a B for that particular exam. Most people get C's cuz they procrastinate too much (including me). I think the single hardest thing that i had to memorize in the bio class was the entire respiration pathway......stupid crazy prof!!!

As for UOP.....i believe that they do not stress as much on academics as much as other dental schools. I read up on their admission requirements one time and noticed that they pay heavy attention on the PAT section of the DAT.

Speaking of UOP, i know of this girl there that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hot! She is drop dead gorgeous!!!!

Originally posted by groundhog:
•Those girls in dental school look cuter to you guys for two reasons. One, you are getting older and thus more realistic. Two, the atmosphere at the dental schools is contaminated with nitrous oxide, methyl ethyl ketone, and trichloroethylene.•

Groundhog that is one of the funniest posts I've read lately!!!!!!!! :)
R.R.B

If you're worried about the girls in dental school, don't forget that the quality is always supplemented with the dental hygiene program.

Puffy,

Using your logic..........you imply that given beauty = B and intelligence = IQ, the relationship would be as follows:

B = 1/(IQ)^2 , with B = 1 to be perfect.

:D

I thought these posts were pretty amusing. It gave me a good laugh. :D