Dental students: partying/going out with undergrads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhodes1210

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So when in dental school, is it easy socializing/partying with undergrads in college as well, or is it more so with other dental students only? Because I wanna chill with undergrads too (not just limit myself to the same 50 or so folks in DS)!

And please, no "don't party because x,y,z." I wanna have FUN in dental school!! NEED ADVICE

Members don't see this ad.

You are overthinking things

Reactions: 11 users
Dental school will be "FUN" but a different kind of fun compared to your undergrad career. Yes, you can still go out, party and meet people but you have to weigh in the commitment of a dental curriculum.

The real fun is that you will be learning how to become a dentist while making life-long friends with similar ambitions in your class. Most schools have various graduate/professional programs (medicine, vet., optometry, nursing, etc) so you will not be limited to just 50 students who are in the same position as you. My recommendation, once in dental school is to be active in class events, join various organizations and be outgoing.

Just as an aside, the priorities of an undergrad student and a dental student may be drastically different depending on who you meet.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Let me know if the "I'm in dental school right now." line works or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
looks like we got ourselves a Cradle Robber hahaha

Most of our classmates go out with the med school, PT school, and pharm kids. Not really undergrads, but they will be downtown at the bars so you will have the opportunity to hang out with them if you want.

Reactions: 2 users
Most people in my class hang out with other grad/professional students just because we have more in common, are similarly mature or immature lol, and live in a more grad student area. If you want to hang out with undergrads then go for it, if you're asking this question it seems like you are still in the undergrad mode anyways.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I still have a year left of undergrad and I'm already excited to not have to interact with new undergrad people

Reactions: 6 users
Just went back for my prerequisites at 26 years old, and it has been weird at times. It's a strange age. Deceptive, really. Because I'm not old enough to look at all the 19 year olds like they're whipper snappers. I could pass for a freshman, so it feels normal at first. Then someone says or does something and I realize that I'm the same age older than them as they are older than a 12 year old.

More growing up happens the first half of your 20s than I used to think. I find myself relating more to other people who have been out of school for a while.

Reactions: 2 users
:thumbup:

Last edited:
The OP messaged me and said I am a kid and should grow up because I was rude to he/she in the previous post. So I am sorry, friends?

I'm already excited to not have to interact with new undergrad people
8ce21.jpg

Just had my first night at dental school. Literally one of the best nights I've had in such a long time. If you pick the right school, you should be super happy and not wanting to hang out with undergrads; I was so over that crowd at least around junior year.

Just had my first night at dental school. Literally one of the best nights I've had in such a long time. If you pick the right school, you should be super happy and not wanting to hang out with undergrads; I was so over that crowd at least around junior year.

You are definitely in the honeymoon phase of DS. Enjoy it while it last, won't be too long until you begin to dread everything around you and just want to graduate already.

Reactions: 1 users
You are definitely in the honeymoon phase of DS. Enjoy it while it last, won't be too long until you begin to dread everything around you and just want to graduate already.

While I know I'll have to get down to the hard work very soon, I have a feeling I'm really going to fit into this place. I really earned this admission, and I damn well believe it was for all the best reasons. I love having fun and being incredibly high achieving and smart.

While I know I'll have to get down to the hard work very soon, I have a feeling I'm really going to fit into this place. I really earned this admission, and I damn well believe it was for all the best reasons. I love having fun and being incredibly high achieving and smart.

where you at breh?

Haha I'm just teasing. Best of luck to ya. Work hard and stay positive when the going gets tough!