Dental Students v. Medical Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many institutions have both dental and medical schools. Do dental students find themselves at odds with the medical students? If so, what are the issues? Thanks for the info.

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely. Every Tuesday afternoon there's a rumble down by the big oak tree. Med students bring chains, dental students bring knives.

westside03.jpg

I don't think I'm ever serious anymore...

most med students are cool but there are some cocky @$$hole med students who act like they're better than everyone else. Those are the minority though. We are glad that it's the med students who provide us with most of the studying material such as lecture transcripts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Absolutely. Every Tuesday afternoon there's a rumble down by the big oak tree. Med students bring chains, dental students bring knives.

I don't think I'm ever serious anymore...

GOOD, I'm much better with a knife. :thumbup:

It's funny how people start threads on this site thinking it will go one direction and the next thing you know it has gone into some unimaginable realm of obscurity. :rolleyes:

Oh well, the posts so far have been entertaining. Thanks for the laugh.

Actually this one came to mind:

Anchormenweapons.JPG

haha.....now I remember why i still come to this site....it's the perfect distraction during finals week

Med students are just jealous because the dental student girls have bigger chests and the guys have larger packages! :laugh:

As the lyrics from Loyalty:

I don't give a f***, i'm quick to blaze chronic
Smoke on so much green, use twelves and supa-sonic
Bizarre pack guns and knives, put to dick to 'Nuns and Wifes
Now who the f*** want to fight?
Ain't nobody f***ing with me, Ain't nobody f***ing with the D'
They get beat like a M-P
You heard about Bizarre taking all them drugs
You heard about Proof wil'ing in the clubs
You heard about that nine that Eminem packs
You diss us, you get you're f***ing face cracked
I'm from 7 Mile and stout, I'll shoot up you're house
Next day, i'll pee in you're mouth
. .

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the best DMD vs. MD thread ever.

I was reading somewhere that Ron Jeremy's first career choice was to be a dentist. Stay tuned for his non-traditional application for the class of 2012.

I was reading somewhere that Ron Jeremy's first career choice was to be a dentist. Stay tuned for his non-traditional application for the class of 2012.

Well Ron Jermy still gets to "fill mouths" with his present career, just in a slightly different way... :laugh:

One of the funniest threads in a long time. Don't let it die, guys!

Med students are just jealous because the dental student girls have bigger chests and the guys have larger packages! :laugh:

The med students are just miffed because they know it's true (well that and that we work less, have better hours, get to see immediately the end result of our work, don't have to deal with hospital politics, break our necks during school to get into a competitive high-paying speciality because general practioner MDs don't make very good money).

Can you imagine working your brains off to get into med school to only find it more competitive? A 32 hour shift does not sound like fun to me. :laugh:

most med students are cool but there are some cocky @$$hole med students who act like they're better than everyone else. Those are the minority though. We are glad that it's the med students who provide us with most of the studying material such as lecture transcripts.

same exact situation over here. most are very nice and a lot of fun to hang out, study for finals, and converse with. few are indeed cocky. not just that, but some are kinda shocked that we are taking their classes.

:laugh: :laugh:......i thought asia carrera wanted to be dentist!

The med students are just miffed because they know it's true (well that and that we work less, have better hours, get to see immediately the end result of our work, don't have to deal with hospital politics, break our necks during school to get into a competitive high-paying speciality because general practioner MDs don't make very good money).

Can you imagine working your brains off to get into med school to only find it more competitive? A 32 hour shift does not sound like fun to me. :laugh:

Not only that you wont have time for your own family, wont have time for your self, wont have time for your lover...
And you called that life? I called it HELL unless you are really really really passionate about medicine
p.s. in the end it is not about money after all

Two go in, one comes out.

cockfight.jpg

Medicine vs. dentistry? Things would definitely get heated:

civilwarfrontline-1.jpg