Dental Students- What E.C's, clubs, etc do you recommend to do in dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liz Cecilia

Sampson, grab my coffee
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Current or past dental students, what club and organizations do you recommend joining? I've heard that a good one is ASDA, as well as Give Kids A Smile- anything else that should be on my radar? I'm going to be a D1 at Case this Fall, and don't really have anyone else I can ask this stuff. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

AGD. Plan yourself for district and national positions in the future. Very rewarding.

Last edited:
Current or past dental students, what club and organizations do you recommend joining? I've heard that a good one is ASDA, as well as Give Kids A Smile- anything else that should be on my radar? I'm going to be a D1 at Case this Fall, and don't really have anyone else I can ask this stuff. Thanks :)

I'm assuming you are interested in specializing. If so, the only truly valuable EC would be research. I wouldn't waste time on anything else, unless you really enjoy it. Focus instead all of your time on getting the highest grades possible. That would be your best 'EC.'

good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Good Post Silent. I would add that research is also peripheral in most cases. Just get involved in the things you're interested in. If you have a Pedo club, or Ortho club, OS club, etc..., and you want to do any of those specialties, join that. Otherwise, do externships (if available), and get good grades/entrance exam scores.