Dental Students- What E.C's, clubs, etc do you recommend to do in dental school?

Discussion in 'Dental' started by Liz Cecilia, 05.21.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.

Thanks to Crack the NBDE

Thanks to QbankDMD
  1. Liz Cecilia

Liz Cecilia Sampson, grab my coffee 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Current or past dental students, what club and organizations do you recommend joining? I've heard that a good one is ASDA, as well as Give Kids A Smile- anything else that should be on my radar? I'm going to be a D1 at Case this Fall, and don't really have anyone else I can ask this stuff. Thanks :)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Destiny11

Destiny11 5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    AGD. Plan yourself for district and national positions in the future. Very rewarding.

Last edited: 03.11.15
  4. Silent Cool

Silent Cool Member Banned 10+ Year Member

I'm assuming you are interested in specializing. If so, the only truly valuable EC would be research. I wouldn't waste time on anything else, unless you really enjoy it. Focus instead all of your time on getting the highest grades possible. That would be your best 'EC.'

good luck

Golfguy likes this.
  5. Golfguy

Golfguy 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Good Post Silent. I would add that research is also peripheral in most cases. Just get involved in the things you're interested in. If you have a Pedo club, or Ortho club, OS club, etc..., and you want to do any of those specialties, join that. Otherwise, do externships (if available), and get good grades/entrance exam scores.

About the ads