Dental Supplies & Equipment and Where to Buy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trypmo

Arch Fiend
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I've seen posts (perhaps on DT?) about where to buy scrubs, I've just seen mention of a dental supply place from which you can order stuff, and I know of a cute little dental supply place (small business, really great people) that my lab uses for some supplies as well, so I thought it might be cool to start a thread about places we know of from which to order dental equipment, supplies, scrubs, and anything else you can think of.

OK, I'll start. :D

From griffin04's post I just read:
Name: BENCO DENTAL
Web: http://www.benco.com
Comments: Looks like a huge company: 59,000 items available. Equipment, supplies, and other stuff. A 798 page catalog (called a "reference") is available.

From my experience:
Name: ACTION TEAM MEDICAL (ATM)
Web: http://www.actionteammed.com
Comments: Small company, great people, excellent customer service. They specialize in gloves and also sell various disposables.

For scrubs, I've found:
Name: Lydia's Uniforms
Web: http://www.lydiasuniforms.com
Comments: Lots of Ladies' scrubs, but don't be fooled by the flowery front page, guys! There's also a good deal of men's and unisex stuff in there, and the prices are really low compared with some of the other sites I've seen.

Add your favorites!

Also, list any places you've had BAD experiences with, so that we can know to avoid them!

Members don't see this ad.

I purchase S.C.R.U.B.S brand scrubs from the SmartScrubs company (www.smartscrubs.com). They are pricey, but they are a 60/40 cotton/poly blend that feels exactly like 100% cotton.

Like Dr. Jeff can testify, there simply isn't anything more comfortable.

Name: SmartScrubs
Web: www.smartscrubs.com
Comment: Be sure to get the store brand (S.C.R.U.B.S). Pricey, but THE most comfortable I've ever worn! They also have a wide leg style that is a must!

cheap diamond burs, $1 per bur http://www.americandentalsupplies.com

Minimum $25 per order. It automatically adds a quantity of 10 burs per selection to the shopping cart. You can change the quantity by changing the number and click Update. Free shipping for $50 order

Members don't see this ad :)
I think Henry Schein Company is the best supplier of dental products. They have various general and specialty dental products available. However, it might be a little too 'pricey' for us dental students.

http://www.henryschein.com/Browse.asp

Here are the ones that get the majority of the business from my office:

Scrubs:

As mentioned already Smartscrubs.com absolutely the most comfortable ones I've worn are S.C.R.U.B.S. Brand originals. Two of my other favorites (for a little "crazier" print selection are:

Mainely Scrubs www.maine.com/scrubs (I bought cow print and lobster prints here!:D )

Cotton Scrub Company www.cottonscrubs.com

Endo Supplies:

www.tulsadental.com

Burs:

www.brasseler.com may be a bit $$ for in dental school, but you'll see when you out in private practice that Brasseler's are the standard by which all burs are judged, and their customer service is second to none(your area rep stops by your office every 6 to 8 weeks to check in on you:clap: Plus, when you call them to place an order they all ALL your previous orders on their screens for really fast and easy service - it's so easy and efficient with them that I was even able to place an order for some replacement porcelain polishing points on under a minute without the help of one of my assistants who handles all the ordering for the office today - Now that's easy ordering! LOL!

General Supplies:

Personally I'm a Sullivan-Schein office, you pay a little more for them, but our service contracts are with them and between the service techs and our sales rep (who stops by my office every other week, and got my office intouch with one of our assistants who was looking to change jobs) you're very well taken care of. Plus, as long as you're order is in by 4 PM, it's in the office the next day:clap:

Other big(and reputable) supply companies are the already mentioned Benco, as well as patterson Dental Supply (www.pattersondental.com) and Becker-Parkin dental supply (www.beckerparkin.com)

I usually get my supplies from a small supplier as well. www.dentalofficeproducts.com

Good thing about them is they have free shipping. I think the only thing they dont ship free is the heavy stuff like cases of gloves or so. prices are really good.

ebay.com
net32.com
safcodental.com
bestbuydental.com
pearsondental.com
bencodental.com
discusdental.com
darbydental.com
amerdental.com
dentalcare.com
costco.com
parkell.com

AVOID: Schein and Patterson...30% more costly.

Benco is great and gives students a discount but I've also ordered some things from Burkhart Dental. They have a great rep here in Dallas.

Microcopy Dental who sells NeoBurrs disposable diamonds and carbides also gives students a discount.

Our office has been using Carson Dental for about 2 years now. We have always had great customer service and never have to worry about competitors beating their prices because they price match, plus beat it by 5%. Always deliver on time and always friendly. Their website is http://www.carsondental.com/

Purelifedental.com for disposables. I get all cotton rolls, gauze etc from these guys and save a small fortune compare to when I was ordering these from Henry.

When you get your own practice you want to learn how to shop around not just stick to one supply company, eg when I first opened a clinic I order from one co and they offered me a deal on certain supplies but "screwed" on euqipment (found out I over paid by 6000) so as you can tell I stop using them. But my point is that it is best to learn to shop around routinely and get you staff to learn that to. I would order only gloves from one place and lido from a different place based on who had the best offer. And usually would only order from the big supply companies if i had no choice. But if you lok around you will find better deals, gloves for example I found places that just sell gloves and they had the best deal so I order a ton. Lido one company always had it low so that people would always look at their catalog but I would only order lido. Another company with give out a sample on clearfil bond with every order so gues what, I broke up my orders into a whole bunch of little order and I had a years supplu of clearfil bond for free. I taught my workers to how to do this and I cut my overhead a lot.

I would order only gloves from one place and lido from a different place based on who had the best offer. And usually would only order from the big supply companies if i had no choice. But if you lok around you will find better deals, gloves for example I found places that just sell gloves and they had the best deal so I order a ton. Lido one company always had it low so that people would always look at their catalog but I would only order lido.

You're welcome to list your source for best glove and lido price here. Please do.

You're welcome to list your source for best glove and lido price here. Please do.
Currently, Darby Dental Supply LLC has a special glove sale: when you buy 214 boxes of Nitrile gloves, you get a free Ipad2 (16GB, Wifi only model). Last week, I took this deal and paid $2214 (including CA sale tax) for those Nitrile gloves. I sold the Ipad2 on Ebay for $470, so the net cost was $1744. $1744/214 boxes = $8.15 per box. Since there are 200 gloves in each box, the final cost comes out to be $4.07 per 100 gloves.

Did I get a good deal? Or it was just an OK deal?

Currently, Darby Dental Supply LLC has a special glove sale: when you buy 214 boxes of Nitrile gloves, you get a free Ipad2 (16GB, Wifi only model). Last week, I took this deal and paid $2214 (including CA sale tax) for those Nitrile gloves. I sold the Ipad2 on Ebay for $470, so the net cost was $1744. $1744/214 boxes = $8.15 per box. Since there are 200 gloves in each box, the final cost comes out to be $4.07 per 100 gloves.

Did I get a good deal? Or it was just an OK deal?

AWESOME deal. I just bought 700 boxes of latex gloves for $4.05/box myself so that should last me a couple years til I retire. I've never used nitrile so can't compare them to latex.

AWESOME deal. I just bought 700 boxes of latex gloves for $4.05/box myself so that should last me a couple years til I retire. I've never used nitrile so can't compare them to latex.
I prefer the latex gloves but this promotional offer is only for the nitrile gloves. We, orthodontists, use gloves a lot. These 200+ boxes only last us 6 months. I spend, on the average, $350-400 on gloves each month.

A couple of years ago before the recession, I didn’t pay attention to small things like as gloves, masks, alginate, disposable air/water syring tips etc. I just let my manager place the orders for me. Now, my business is slowing down….I have to call different companies to find the best deal.

If you Looking for Dental Supplies in USA

Website http://www.dental4savings.com/supplies.html

You can find all best Dental Products Like

• Bleaching and Tooth Whitening
  • Bonding agents and Etch
  • Burs & Diamonds
  • Canal Prep
  • Cements and Liners
  • Composites Restoratives
  • Cosmetic - Accessories
  • Crown & Bridge Products
  • Disposables
  • Endodontics
  • Evacuation

Last edited:
supplyclinic.com is the best dental marketplace online. They have the same products as the top dogs in the industry for a fraction of the price. Definitely go check it out.

I had great luck with Benco. The sales rep bent over backwards to get me an instrument with a student discount and 2 day shipping. I also like Figs brand scrubs. Super comfortable and tough, and they don't make you look like a clam digger if you're over 6 foot. I had one issue with a pair of pants I bought from them, sent them a picture of the bad stitch and they sent me a brand new pair in 3 days and let me keep the original pair. Both companies that value the customer and deserve good press, at least from my experience.