1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dental Volunteering - get into dental school

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by jasonallexia, Nov 25, 2005.

1. jasonallexia

jasonallexia New Member

If you are trying to get into dental school

Check out www.dentalvolunteer.com

I got in touch with an organization last week and now will be going to Honduras for dental volunteering. I am still a pre-dent and the dentist in charge said I could do extractions while I am out there! How's that for volunteering experience? Pretty cool ehh? Sure beats the observing I did in the dental office. . .

www.dentalvolunteer.com

2. 3eb4me

3eb4me Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I'm not pre-dental, but I did similar service work where pre-dental students got to extract teeth. It's a great experience, but make sure you're sincere in helping. :) I knew some people that went on a trip for the wrong reasons and ended up being kicked out. They complained too much about the water, food, living conditons, etc.

3. jabeck74

jabeck74 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Can you hook me up with this guy? I'd like to do something like this.

4. airadface

airadface Member
    5+ Year Member

5. airadface

airadface Member
    5+ Year Member

This looks awesome. how do you get started with this program?

6. Gasedo

Gasedo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    This is really amazing! The thing is I was born in one of those countries. Do you guys think that it would look good on my application if I volunteer over there? I was contacted by 4 organizations already since I applied, because I also speak the language, but I am not sure if I should go. Do you think I should volunteer in States? I have done my BS hereĀ… :confused: