Dental Volunteering - get into dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jasonallexia

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are trying to get into dental school

Check out www.dentalvolunteer.com

I got in touch with an organization last week and now will be going to Honduras for dental volunteering. I am still a pre-dent and the dentist in charge said I could do extractions while I am out there! How's that for volunteering experience? Pretty cool ehh? Sure beats the observing I did in the dental office. . .

www.dentalvolunteer.com

Members don't see this ad.

jasonallexia said:

I got in touch with an organization last week and now will be going to Honduras for dental volunteering. I am still a pre-dent and the dentist in charge said I could do extractions while I am out there! How's that for volunteering experience? Pretty cool ehh? Sure beats the observing I did in the dental office. . .

www.dentalvolunteer.com

I'm not pre-dental, but I did similar service work where pre-dental students got to extract teeth. It's a great experience, but make sure you're sincere in helping. :) I knew some people that went on a trip for the wrong reasons and ended up being kicked out. They complained too much about the water, food, living conditons, etc.

jasonallexia said:

www.dentalvolunteer.com

Can you hook me up with this guy? I'd like to do something like this.

Members don't see this ad :)
This looks awesome. how do you get started with this program?

This is really amazing! The thing is I was born in one of those countries. Do you guys think that it would look good on my application if I volunteer over there? I was contacted by 4 organizations already since I applied, because I also speak the language, but I am not sure if I should go. Do you think I should volunteer in States? I have done my BS here… :confused: