Dentist or Doctor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i love how u act like becoming a neuro is no biggie....i mean yes you should shoot for the highest attainable goal and you should be confident that you will attain your highest goal..but be realistic... neuro and prostho are two completely different things...also i think ure thinking way too narrowly...wut if u don't get the prostho or neuro residency...the question you should ask is whether u want to become a doctor or dentist...not prostho or neuro lol

Members don't see this ad.

I have just about the same problem here ... I was thinking about becoming a Prosthodontist or a Neurosurgeon. I really am stuck on this one. I cannot decide which is best for me. I know that I want to be happy with whatever I do, but I can picture myself in both a Prosthodontist and a Neurosurgeon's shoes. Ilovethe human body! I am also a very family oriented person. My parents are pushing for a dentist instead of a doctor because they say that I would probably not have to work as hard. Really, I just want to do whichever will make me happy, but now I do not know what will make me happy anymore. I am really stuck and could use some help and advice. I would appreciate it VERY MUCH if you all let me know what you think!
HELP!

And Thanks

:laugh:

i love how u act like becoming a neuro is no biggie....i mean yes you should shoot for the highest attainable goal and you should be confident that you will attain your highest goal..but be realistic... neuro and prostho are two completely different things...also i think ure thinking way too narrowly...wut if u don't get the prostho or neuro residency...the question you should ask is whether u want to become a doctor or dentist...not prostho or neuro lol

lol seriously... it's like the predents that have 3.0's and think they're going to be OMFS w/ MD's like it's no big deal.

So I'm a premed student in a special premed program that is early assurance to my college's med school....but with the current changes Obama is proposing, I am thinking really hard should I go into medicine and all the struggles like applying, residency, and stress??

If I choose dentistry, won't I be happier, less stressed, and enjoy life more with lesss struggles?

The doctors I'm shadowing all said go for dentistry, it's better since there won't be salary cuts and there's no high malpractice insurance...but I like medicine for the variety...dentistry seems so boring....God help me decide please!!!!!

The college premed program I'm in allows me to switch programs like dental in college and then I can go to dental school, but I don't know what to do to be honest....

Dude, go for what you LIKE. do you wanna be in something you're passionate about or be stuck in something you don't like for the rest of your professional life?
-----------------------------------
future RDH, DMD. Plan B is a pure distraction from plan A