Dentist-Physician Program at Case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Delicate Genius

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://dental.case.edu/dmdmd/features.htm

Sorry if this has been posted already. I did a search and couldn't find it. Seems like a pretty cool program. Are there any others like it?

Members don't see this ad.

this program reminds me of those pizza hut commericials in the 90's with deion sanders, where they would give him two options and he'd say "both."

case told us that it was the first of its kind in the nation.

Members don't see this ad :)
case told us that it was the first of its kind in the nation.

Have you been accepted to the program?

What sort of careers could you go into with a DMD/MD? Case is a well respected institution, so i doubt they would make a program that was useless.

What residency would these individuals go into.

When I was at Case it seemed like they were selling it as a "one stop shop" kind of thing, like you would become a dentist-physicians in order to maximize the services you, as a single individual, could provide in a rural community.

When I was at Case it seemed like they were selling it as a "one stop shop" kind of thing, like you would become a dentist-physicians in order to maximize the services you, as a single individual, could provide in a rural community.

yeah, that was my take on it.
i'm coming from public health, so i think of it as a much needed fusion, because oral health is such a marginalized component of health status.

thinking about it this way has turned me around on the whole deal. that actually makes a lot of sense.