Dentist Shadowing or Internship and also dental assisting diploma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonrie

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey just wanted your opinions on what should be doing this summer. would it be a good idea to take a course online specifically the penn foster dental assistant program. I thought it would be good to get used to dental terminology, procedures etc. Also on shadowing, does you have to call the dentist office or would it be better to show up to dental office? Need Advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if I would take the time to do a dental assisting course, unless you plan on getting a job as a dental assitant. I would job shadow, and, if the dentist is nice, they will teach you assisting.

And I would show up to the dental office to ask about shadowing, maybe emailing ahead of time to give'em a heads up.

try volunteering at underprivileged dental sites as well. They will usually let you assist too since they are short on staff. And, you get to see a different side of dentistry and give back to the community!

Members don't see this ad :)