1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dentist Shadowing or Internship and also dental assisting diploma

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by sonrie, May 7, 2008.

1. sonrie

10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey just wanted your opinions on what should be doing this summer. would it be a good idea to take a course online specifically the penn foster dental assistant program. I thought it would be good to get used to dental terminology, procedures etc. Also on shadowing, does you have to call the dentist office or would it be better to show up to dental office? Need Advice!

2. diplo123

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I don't know if I would take the time to do a dental assisting course, unless you plan on getting a job as a dental assitant. I would job shadow, and, if the dentist is nice, they will teach you assisting.

And I would show up to the dental office to ask about shadowing, maybe emailing ahead of time to give'em a heads up.

3. trixie2126

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    try volunteering at underprivileged dental sites as well. They will usually let you assist too since they are short on staff. And, you get to see a different side of dentistry and give back to the community!

4. sonrie

10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks a lot!

5. blueaznsbo

5+ Year Member

Dental Student

#5 blueaznsbo, May 8, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011