Dentistry in Dubai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cold Front

Supreme Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone what it's like for U.S. trained dentist in Dubai? what are their average salaries there as a general dentist? is there a good market/niche there for American dentists?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone what it's like for U.S. trained dentist in Dubai? what are their average salaries there as a general dentist? is there a good market/niche there for American dentists?

Thanks

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=313026&highlight=dentistry+dubai

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=157516&highlight=dentistry+dubai

Do you speak Arabic cold ? Obviously that is considered a huge plus, and is probably your best advantage as an American trained dentist. Obviously having graduated from a US accredited school makes you much more "marketable" and will give you a edge over the majority of other job applicants.

Do you speak Arabic cold ? Obviously that is considered a huge plus, and is probably your best advantage as an American trained dentist. Obviously having graduated from a US accredited school makes you much more "marketable" and will give you a edge over the majority of other job applicants.
I speak and understand little Arabic, but I don't think it will take me long time to get into it.

I will earn my DMD from US school, and am U.S. citizen. I also understand people don't pay taxes over there. I can live with that as long as I can make close what would be my take home if I practiced in the states.

What's a typical associate making over there? 6 figures?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dubai is a burgeoning city for health care, but I don't know what it'll be like in the next 5-10 years. The society is stratified according to nationality and degree, sadly.

They have a health care city which is almost complete. Harvard has a research school there, and BU has a dental school.
http://www.dhcc.ae/EN/Pages/Default.aspx

By 2012 I think, the hospitals would have been constructed. I suppose it would be a good place to be in, since it's very health oriented.

I don't know what the salaries are, but they're quite hefty if you're carrying a North American degree and a nationality. Plus, Dubai is now jumping into the medical tourism bandwagon. Lots of rich people from neighboring countries are getting their operations done in Dubai, since it provides good expertise.

You can't be a citizen of Dubai, unless you're Arab by blood. If you get into a tussle with a royalty, you're out! :laugh:

I actually haven't visited Dubai recently. I'll probably be there in the summer for sometime. I'll see if I can gather some info.

the only thing that is of concern is saturation. Keep in mind the population is very small, and there are already a lot of foreign dentists and doctors working there.

hey there ... am a dental student 2nd year .. i am living in Dubai ... you are welcome here in Dubai .. and u can train in private clinic here or u can train in the Dubai medical city . i think it is a good idea to have a train here in Dubai .... and also iam inviting you to visit our university here and check this website https://www.sharjah.ac.ae/English/Academics/Colleges/Dentistry/Pages/default.aspx

and if u have any other questions send me in private ...

hi..i have heard that in dubai..real estate cannot be bought unless you are a born citizen there..so you vl need a local partner thereif you begin your practice..or work under some one..tough the money is quite good..ive heard..

Money is not as good as it is in the US cold front..when ur done paying off your DDS laon then only should u consider moving to dubai..dont even think before that! One of teh reasons I didnt go for masters at BU dubai was the fact that the amoutn ill be earning after I graduted would not have been enough to pay my loan back in dollars......so keep that in mind.

Money is not as good as it is in the US cold front..when ur done paying off your DDS laon then only should u consider moving to dubai..dont even think before that! One of teh reasons I didnt go for masters at BU dubai was the fact that the amoutn ill be earning after I graduted would not have been enough to pay my loan back in dollars......so keep that in mind.
My goal is to pay off my loans back in the US first, then consider practicing there if the benefits are close to what average dentist makes in the US.

I guess the only way to find out the benefits is to ask US trained dentists in Dubai.:rolleyes:

Thanks guys.